|Wearing Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick in Sheer Liar|
The Lady Behind the Blog
Hi, I'm Maricar. I'm a writer based in New Jersey, and as you can guess from browsing through my blog, I love makeup. Like many beauty addicts, my obsession began at a very young age. As a little girl, I remember carrying my mom's lipstick to school, climbing over heaps of clothing in our walk-in closet to get to her Estee Lauder stash (which she was hiding from me, of course) and staring in awe at the department store beauty counters during our occasional trips to the mall. Since then, I've grown to have my own makeup collection, great climbing skills, and I've managed to keep my trips to the beauty counter to a minimum (thanks to e-commerce).
I've covered beauty for a couple of publications during my career, but I decided to create Bluchiffon back in 2013 as a personal space for me to share my thoughts, rants and raves on the latest products and trends in the beauty industry. Here you'll find my honest product reviews, hauls, tutorials and beauty tips, with my beauty industry knowledge being a mix of what I've learned through my own personal makeup and skincare mishaps, what I've gleaned from beauty magazines, websites and Youtube videos and what I've learned from having talked to some talented makeup artists and beauty experts during my career.
2. I went to a Catholic all-girls high school, and I actually miss the uniforms.
3. I studied Spanish and Latin American literature en espanol throughout college. But please don't ask me to provide directions because you will get confused, or worse—lost.
4. I have a bit of an addictive personality. For example, I first tried macarons in college, and I was hooked. I just couldn't get enough, and I proceeded to commute from the NJ suburbs to the city just to get a box. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. FOR. MONTHS.
5. I live for celebrity and model sightings, but I'm usually too shy to strike up a conversation.
6. I'm an inconsistent neat freak. I haven't cleaned my room in a week, but don't you dare sit on my bed with dirty jeans!!!
7. I'm a Scorpio, and that's probably the last sign anyone would think of when trying to guess my sun sign.
8. I'm a total psychology/sociology nerd. I love reading about what makes people tick.
9. I rarely watch T.V., and I haven't had a T.V. set in my room for years.
10. Back when I did have a T.V., I once cried during an episode of Recess.