REVIEW: NARS Audacious Lipstick in Catherine (And I'm Baaack!)

Tuesday, September 1, 2015


I'm quite aware I'm basically writing this post to myself since I have taken the longest break from blogging, and the readers I had were like, "Oh, welp, she's gone!" I like to think everyone says "welp" in my strange world. Anyway, here I am. Blogging. For you. Because I miss this corner of the blogosphere. 

And what better way to restart things than with a post dedicated to a lipstick from one of my favorite lines--the NARS Audacious collection! 

I normally start off my blog posts with some backstory about why and how, but long story short, I probably just bought this impulsively. :D Now let's begin:

Description

The NARS Audacious line boasts 40 highly-pigmented shades that coat the lips in one stroke and have a satiny finish. This shade, Catherine, is described as a "sunny guava" but on my normally neutral-to-cool skin tone (I'm currently tan but the pic below is from way back), it looks like a light, bright peach with a hint of pink.


I've tried several NARS Audacious Lipsticks, and this shade performs the same as the others (maybe I'm just lucky?). It's opaque in one swipe, long-lasting and has a satin finish. So no complaints here, performance-wise. However, I wish the color suited me better. I think it looks a little bit shocking against my neutral-to-cool skin tone.


Final Thoughts

A+

If you're wondering about performance, NARS Audacious Lipstick in Catherine will suit every need! Color-wise, I didn't find this to be the most flattering, but people with golden skin are likely to sparkle wearing this!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER