The Two Beauty Products I've Stopped Using (For the Most Part)

Thursday, April 2, 2015


You can guess one just by looking at the picture. Give up? Read on for the answer.

The two products I've been skipping out on for the past few months, except for during special occasions, are mascara and nail polish. I don't miss them at all. Here's why: 

Mascara

Since I have yet to find a lengthening and volumizing mascara that will make my short, thin lashes look impressive, mascara was an easy product to drop out of my daily beauty routine. 

Another reason I've been skipping mascara is because it's difficult to remove since I HAVE to always put on a coat of Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Top Coat afterward. It's the only way I can avoid those dreaded mascara smudges at the end of the day. Although the top coat is useful during the day time, it's annoying to remove at night unless I'm using a cleansing oil or eye makeup remover. I have both, but sometimes I just want to get all the makeup removal and cleansing done in one step, you know? 

Nail Polish

I used to paint my nails all the time, but since I've been getting sick on and off in the past year, the last thing I wanted to do was spend time sniffing nail polish or nail polish remover chemicals. When I think about it, I don't understand why I loved painting my nails so much. No matter how much money I spent on an expensive nail polish formula, my nails would chip in 3 days. It's a hassle, and waiting for nail polish to dry is extremely annoying. I'm not saying I'm giving up nail polish forever (I am going to be a bridesmaid at a wedding in a couple of months, and I'm going to try to look fancy-schmancy for all the pics), but when I do start wearing it again, I'm definitely going to wear it less frequently than before. 

The downside of skipping nail polish is watching my nail polish formulas slowly change in the bottle from lack of use. That makes me really sad.

Are you skipping any beauty products, and why?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER