REVIEW: Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer in Beige 4

Tuesday, April 14, 2015


Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer in Beige 4
I've been a longtime believer in drugstore foundations, and all but one of my foundations in current rotation can be bought at Target. So I normally wouldn't have thought twice about skipping out on this forty-four-dollar 1oz bottle of Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer in Beige 4 at Ricky's. . . until I found out it was on sale for 50% off!

So I bought one.

I've been trying it out for a few weeks, and here's my review.


The long cap attached to the foundation.
Description

Stila Stay All Day Foundation claims to last all day, hydrate the skin and deliver a matte finish. Its concealer claims to be blendable and hide blemishes, dark circles and age spots.

Packaging

The foundation comes in a small glass bottle with a twist off cap that has a spatula attached. I actually like the spatula because I can use it to apply foundation directly on my skin, versus having to dump out some foundation onto the back of my hand.

The spatula inside the Stila Stay All Day Foundation bottle.

The foundation comes with a long, detachable cap with a flip-top lid containing the concealer and a small mirror. It's very handy, although I wish the cap was a bit more secure.

The concealer is hidden inside the cap of the foundation. Genius!

Color

Foundation

The foundation is a neutral beige for light-medium skin. It had good coverage and was buildable.

Concealer 

The concealer is a slightly lighter version of the foundation.

From left to right: Stila Stay All Day Foundation and Stila Stay All Day Concealer, both in Beige 4


Formula and Wearability

Foundation 

The foundation was very blendable. It had a medium consistency--not watery but not too thick either. Although the foundation claims to deliver a matte finish, on my skin, the finish was quite dewy and very natural-looking. As a result, I think this would be great for people with dry skin.

I've worn this on several occasions, and it did succeed in lasting the whole day. However, it was not good at controlling oil on its own, so if you have oily skin or an oily t-zone and you hate touching up, you might have to look otherwise.

Left: No foundation, Right: Wearing Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Beige 4

Concealer 

The concealer was creamy and moisturizing, but a bit thick. [Will include a pic of me wearing the concealer soon!] It reminded me a lot of Benefit's Erase Paste. I wore this on my under eye area, and it was easy to apply but quick to slide around. Also, because this concealer has more of a shiny finish, I think it drew more attention to my eye bags. Unlike the foundation, this did NOT last all day.

Grade

Foundation: B+
Concealer: C+

Great staying power, buildable coverage, blendability and a natural-looking, dewy finish make the Stila Stay All Foundation a solid foundation choice--if you're okay with the price tag. If you have oily skin or an oily t-zone, be warned: you'll probably have to use an oil-control product before using this or touch up with powder or blotting sheets throughout the day to control shine.

As for the concealer, it's just not my cup of tea because it slides around on my oily skin and is kind of shiny, so I can't get on board with recommending it.

I would repurchase this product, not because I think I'm getting a great value because of the concealer but because I like the foundation, for the most part. 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER