REVIEW: Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in Black Honey

Thursday, March 12, 2015


Everyone always talks about Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, a deep burgundy, sheer shade. Since sheer lip colors aren't my thing, I've never had the urge to buy it, but thankfully, the brand has a bunch of other Black Honey products I can try out. 

I took home this Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in Black Honey about a month ago, and here's what I thought:




Description

This cream liner claims to be rich, long-wearing and waterproof.

Packaging

The liner is packaged in a small pot container with a twist-off lid.

Color and Pigmentation

Black Honey is a purply dark brown with gold flecks. It definitely stands out among my other brown liners. It's a nice, subtle shade that blends in with my coloring instead of standing out too much like a black liner would.

The liner is not very pigmented when you first apply it with your liner brush. You could get away with one layer if you want a very natural look, but you'll need to layer this twice to get an intense color. On the bright side, it layers well and doesn't flake in the process.


Formula and Wearability

The liner was thin but creamy and glided over my lids effortlessly. Since I have oily lids, I only wore this with primer. The liner lasted all day, but unlike almost all cream or gel liners I've tried (on top of primer) that have claimed to stay in place, this liner actually DID NOT smudge to my lower lash line at the end of the day. I was very impressed. 

Removing this was also easy. I could get away with just using my regular cleanser to remove this as opposed to having to use a cleansing oil beforehand. 

A close-up of me wearing 2 layers of Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in Black Honey
"May the wings of your liner always be even." --Some genius who knows my struggle

Wearing Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in Black Honey

Grade 

A

Even though you do have to layer this on, spending those extra seconds is totally worth it. I think the shade is super unique, the product applies very easily, and best of all, it didn't smudge throughout the day for me! I would definitely repurchase this.

Have you tried anything from Clinique's Black Honey line? What are some cream or gel liners you love?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER