HAUL: Mario Badescu Skin Care

Friday, March 27, 2015

From left to right: Mario Badescu Skin Care Aloe Lotion, Gycolic Eye Cream, Rose Hips Nourishing Oil, Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin

Looking to revamp my current skin care routine (although I still adore my Sulwhasoo stuff), I picked up these four Mario Badescu Skin Care products--the Aloe Lotion, Glycolic Eye Cream, Rose Hips Nourishing Oil and Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin at Ulta a few weeks ago. These are the first products I've ever tried from the botanically-based skin care brand, so I'm here to share with you some mini reviews.


1) Aloe Lotion

Mario Badescu Skin Care Aloe Lotion
This is supposed to be a soothing astringent, although it contains isopropyl alcohol. I use it after I cleanse to remove any makeup that didn't get washed off. I was shocked using it for the first time because my cotton ball was soaked in left-over foundation! I normally don't use astringent because it can be drying, but I didn't find this particular one to be very drying. I've been using this twice a day but I'm thinking of reducing it to just once a day, because chances are, I'm going to get lazy with this extra skin care step!

2) Rose Hips Nourishing Oil

Mario Badescu Skin Care Rose Hips Nourishing Oil
I've never used a Rose Hips Oil before, so I wasn't sure what to expect with this. In addition to the rose hips extract, it contains glycerin, propylene glycol and imidazolidinyl urea. Consistency-wise, it was more watery than oily, so it absorbed into my skin very quickly with no residue, but it was definitely less spreadable than a typical oil. I have yet to use this product alone (I always wear a moisturizer on top), so I'm not sure how hydrating this is, but I will say it doesn't seem to affect oil production on my skin (which is good).


3) Glycolic Eye Cream

Mario Badescu Skin Care Glycolic Eye Cream
I picked up this product because I always feel like I NEED eye cream. I purchased this without doing research (IMPULSE BUYER), only to get home and find out that it's supposed to tackle wrinkles on mature skin. Still, I gave it a shot--plus, the brand says you can use it on your lips. :) 

I found the consistency to be very thick. It feels like applying Vaseline to your under eye area as it mostly sits on the surface of your skin. I can imagine there might be problems if I used this during the daytime with makeup on top. This product lists peanut oil and vegetable oil as its two main ingredients. It does hydrate my under eye area really well, but I will probably enjoy this more as a lip product. 


4) Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin

Mario Badescu Skin Care Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin
I took this home because the temperatures are going to get warmer soon in the Northeast, and my skin, particularly my t-zone, is likely to act up and get really shiny. This moisturizer was a light lotion that absorbed really quickly into my skin. It left my skin looking slightly matte. I also wasn't able to use this product on its own, as I used a matte foundation on top, but this product didn't seem to make my skin oilier than usual. I will definitely go in and do a more thorough review when I get a chance to use this more often. 

I haven't been testing out most of the products for long enough to form a very strong opinion on the brand, but I think the price points are reasonable as I only spent about $80 on all four products. Stay tuned for more in-depth posts on these products! 

Have any of you tried Mario Badescu Skin Care products? What did you think of them? 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER