REVIEW: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Wednesday, February 25, 2015


I didn't realize how much I loved matte shadows till I realized two of my favorite shades in the original Naked palette, Naked and Buck, were beginning to disappear. Naked, in particular, was a shade I continued to restock (I loved using it on my crease to contour on occasion) until the Sephora V.I.B. sale, when I decided to go for the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. Why not? I was getting more bang for my buck with the opportunity to take home six shades instead of just one. Turns out, I made the right decision. Check out my full review after the jump:




Description

Urban Decay Naked Basics is a palette of six matte neutral shadows ranging from off-white to soft black.

Packaging

The palette comes in matte, plastic packaging and contains a full-sized mirror. It feels sturdy and snaps shut. 

Color and Pigmentation

Venus--pearly ivory. 
Foxy--light yellow-beige. 
W.O.S--very pale light peach. 
Naked 2--very light taupe brown. Compared to Naked in the Naked palette, Naked 2 is more taupe and cooler-toned. 
Faint--neutral dark brown. Buck in the Naked palette is lighter. 
Crave--soft black.

Most of the shades were very pigmented and buttery soft when swatched, except for Faint which felt a bit dry, and Crave which felt the driest. I didn't have problems applying them with a brush, however. 



Wearability

Since I never apply shadow without primer, I can't say how long-lasting these shadows are on bare skin. However, in regards to wearability, I think the selection of shades is really versatile. For me, there are shades I can use on my crease, as all-over washes of color, as powder liner, as brow color, and as highlighting and contouring colors. And because the shades are more neutral, I see this palette working for a variety of skin tones. 

Wearing Venus on my brow bone, W.O.S. on mobile lid, Naked 2 on area between crease and brow bone, Faint on crease and Crave layered on top of a gel liner

Verdict

A

If you like more natural looks, you'll get a lot of use out of this palette. The shadows are all great quality with good pigmentation and overall good formulas. Even the ones that felt dry still applied well over primer and when applied with a brush.

Do any of you have the Naked Basics palette? Do you use it alone or with other shadows and palettes when you're getting ready?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER