REVIEW: L'Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation in Natural Buff

Wednesday, February 18, 2015


Of the many matte foundations I've tried, only a couple--my Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation and my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation--have succeeded in keeping my face mostly matte throughout the day. In hopes of adding another to my collection, I tried this new L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Natural Buff. See how it went after the jump.



Description

The Pro-Matte Foundation line claims to be lightweight, demi-matte, and lasting up to 24 hours. It comes in 12 shades.

Packaging

The foundation comes in a plastic squeeze container with a twist off cap and holds 1 oz of product.


Color

I had a difficult time picking out my foundation shade because the color on the outside of the tubes looked lighter than the actual foundation inside. For example, I first took home Fresh Beige, thinking it would be the perfect shade for me, because when I held the tube by my face in the mirror, it seemed like a good match. When I finally opened it, I noticed it was too dark and too yellow for me. I ended up going much lighter than I expected and took home Natural Buff based on some other swatches I found online.

Natural Buff is a neutral, pale peachy beige. I wear Medium Beige in Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, for reference, and this was slightly deeper than that.


Formula and Wearability 

The consistency of this foundation was thin and, as a result, fast-setting, so I had to blend quickly and apply foundation one section at a time.

It offered medium, buildable coverage with a demi-matte finish, meaning my face didn't look shiny, but it didn't look or feel desert-dry or tight either. It easily covered redness on my skin, but it required extra spot applications to hide dark spots left by acne scars.

I tested this by wearing it for 13 hours before washing my face. By the third hour, my face started to look shiny and I desperately needed some powder. It was a mostly stable shine, however, and the foundation still hung on throughout the day for the most part. The only parts of my face that were noticeably fading by the time I washed my face were the sides of my nose.

Left: Not wearing foundation or concealer. Right: Wearing L'Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation in Natural Buff as all over coverage and as underye concealer
Verdict

B

This foundation is a decent drugstore buy. It has good staying power and coverage, but if you have oily skin and wanted a demi-matte finish all day, you will probably still need to do some touch-ups with powder throughout the day. I still think Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation is much more low-maintenance and better at controlling oil if you really like a matte finish.

Have any of you tried L'Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation? What did you think of it?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER