REVIEW and SWATCHES: Lorac Pro Palette 2

Monday, February 16, 2015

I've been lusting over the Lorac Pro Palette 2 ($42, Kohl's) and its wondrous selection of shades since the holidays, but I didn't get my hands on it until recently. December was a big mess of a month for me since I dedicated every spare second of time I had to finding special gifts for family and friends. I was short on time as well as funds to browse around for myself. 

But as soon as the holiday frenzy had died down, monetary funds were restored, and makeup shelves, generously restocked, I snatched this palette right up without a second thought (ok, I probably spent a few hours checking out reviews, but whatevs). Since I really liked the original Lorac Pro Palette, I expected this palette to work just as well, or even better. Read on to find out if the Lorac Pro Palette 2 was worth the wait. 





Description

The Lorac Pro Palette 2 is a palette of 16 shadows--8 matte (all on the top row) and 8 shimmer (on the bottom row). It comes with a mini Behind-the-Scene Eyeshadow Primer.

Packaging

Just like the original Pro Palette, the palette is housed in a flip-top cardboard container with a mirror and contains .32oz of product. In addition to different shade selection, the Lorac Pro Palette 2 distinguishes itself from the original with its gray packaging. 

Pigmentation and Formula
 
The palette offers a nice variety of shades, including ones that don't have anything similar in the original palette, such as a couple of cool grays, a silver, a green and a blue shade. These are the colors and how they look to me: 


The Mattes (Top Row)
  • Buff--light yellow-beige
  • Lt. Brown--light warm brown. 
  • Cool Gray--light, purply gray.
  • Nectar--warm peachy pink
  • Plum--cool, medium purple
  • Navy--bright, dark blue
  • Charcoal--dark grey
  • Black--subtle black

 

The Shimmers (Bottom Row)
  • Snow--very shimmery white
  • Beige--subtly shimmery pale peach that looks more white in some lights.
  • Rose--metallic light copper
  • Mocha--medium brown with gold shimmer
  • Chrome--icy taupe with silver shimmer
  • Silver--metallic silver
  • Jade--lightly shimmery olive green
  • Cocoa--dark brown with light gold shimmer


All the shades were highly pigmented. The formulas were exceptional as well--all creamy and buttery soft,  even for the mattes--except for Navy, which was noticeably drier.

Formula and Wearability

Since I have oily lids, I wear primer all the time, even when shadows claim to be long-lasting (I don't believe the claims, usually, haha). So unfortunately, I didn't test these on bare skin since I would never wear them on bare skin. But on top of primer, as you can imagine, these last the entire day.

Wearing Rose on my mobile lid, Snow on tear ducts and brow bone, Mocha on outer half of mobile lid, Nectar on area between crease and brow bone, Lt. Brown on crease, Cocoa layered over Chrome as liner. The colors look much softer than they actually are in this pic because I blended out everything with a fluffy brush and the lighting in my room/camera exposure kind of washed me out. 
Verdict

A+ (not including wear time)

This is probably my favorite palette at the moment. What really gets me, aside from the excellent pigmentation and texture, is the shade selection, because I think this palette offers more wearable colors for my coloring (very dark brown hair, neutral-to-cool medium skin) than the original. If you're in the market for a new palette, definitely consider getting this. And if you already have the original, this would still be a nice addition to your collection since it does offer some significantly different colors.

Do any of you have the Lorac Pro 2? Do you love it as much as I do? 

1 comment:

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER