The 2 Make Up For Ever Products I Keep Repurchasing

Monday, January 19, 2015

 

Two products that really impressed me last year are Make Up For Ever's Full Cover Concealer and Aqua Brow. Since I have a very oily t-zone, my skin eats up makeup very fast. And because I hate reapplying makeup (other than lipstick) throughout the day, I always look for long-lasting products. My purchases of the Full Cover Concealer and Aqua Brow have proven to be one of my best beauty buys ever, both for the quality, wear time and value. Here's why.


A Concealer that Doesn't Budge (FULL REVIEW HERE)

I wasn't crazy about Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer at first since it was thicker than other concealers I've worked with. I found it to be too drying to apply all over my under-eye-area (I was trying to hide the dark circles I didn't actually have) since it emphasized some mini lines. But when I finally switched to a different concealer application routine, this time to hide mini eye bags, I fell IN LOVE with this product. 

Just a small dab of this concealer is enough to cover the shadows from my eye bags. Yes, it's that pigmented. I apply a small amount with a concealer brush and blend quickly since the thicker formula sets quickly. But once it's set, it's set, and I never have to worry about it disappearing by the end of the day. Its staying power is ridiculously good, and it easily outlasts a lot of my favorite foundations. At $32 for 0.5 oz, the concealer seems pricey, but considering it'll last you a very long time, it's a great value. I have used a small dot of the concealer to minimize my eye bags every single day since I bought it two summers ago, and I am still on the same tube! 

Eyebrows that Won't Melt Away (FULL REVIEW HERE)

One of my biggest beauty fears is going outside without having my eyebrows done. In the colder months, it's not a big worry, but in the summer, I avoid wiping my forehead out of fear that my eyebrows will go away too. Yikes! Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow takes away those fears because once it sets, it stays on my brows for the entire day. Like the Make Up For Ever Concealer, the formula is a bit thick and will set quickly, so you need to work with a little at a time. I love the matte finish of the product, and it is so easy to blend. At $20 for .23-oz tube, it's also a wonderful value. I use this on a daily basis, and one tiny tube has lasted me over a year.

Which beauty products have gotten a lot of love from you in the past year?




DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER