REVIEW: MAC Lipstick in Film Noir

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


As I've mentioned before on this blog, I have a tendency to fall into certain beauty ruts where I end up adhering to one kind of makeup routine or look and ignoring my other makeup and skin care products. One of my latest ruts to be broken was my habit of only wearing pink lipstick all the freakin' time. The lipstick that broke me out of that rut? MAC lipstick in Film Noir.

During my last trip to the Bloomies MAC counter, my eyes immediately fell for this gorgeous, deep, reddish brown. It's something new, and fortunately, colder weather is welcoming to vampy lips. Check out my review below:



My Vampy Date with Film Noir

"Film Noir" is a dark, reddish brown satin-finish lipstick. Housed in classic MAC packaging, the lipstick comes in a simple, subtly glittery black plastic container that gently snaps shut. The pigmentation of this lipstick was excellent as it was fully opaque in one swipe. Formula-wise, it was creamy and lasted about three hours on my lips. Since the color is quite dark, I suggest wearing it with minimal eye and cheek makeup if you're fair skinned. I can definitely see darker-skinned women having an easier time pulling this off since the degree of contrast against their skin tone won't be too high. Whatever you do, wear this with confidence, because this shade is not for the faint of heart!


Final Verdict 

Grade: B+

If you have the guts to pull off this shade and are tired of a vampy red lip, do check out this shade! It's nicely pigmented, comfortable to wear and dramatic. I just wished it lasted longer on me! 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER