Duty-Free Indulgence: the Dior Nude Glow Palette

Wednesday, October 22, 2014



Despite giving myself a reasonable shopping budget to stick to before embarking on any trip, all that goes out the door when I'm at the airport. I love splurging at the duty-free shops because they sometimes house exclusive gems like this Dior Nude Glow Palette.

This palette immediately appealed to me because, unlike many of the other special travel palettes available, it offered fewer shadows and lip colors in exchange for bigger pan-sizes. It also seemed to have a quad of wearable colors and a clever lid for three lip glosses. Here's a look inside:



Shades:
  • Diorblush in 950 Strawberry Sorbet at .10oz each
  • 4 Eyeshadows at .03oz each
  • Dior Addict Lip Mazimizer in 010 Pink at .02oz each
  • 2 Dior Addict Ultra Glosses at .02oz each


Some swatches of these beauties:

From left to right: Diorblush in 950 Strawberry Sorbet, white, pink, pewter and navy eyeshadows, Dior Addict Lip Maximizer in 010 Pink, Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in the light pink shade, Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in the coral shade
The Diorblush in Strawberry Sorbet was blendable with decent pigmentation. The shadows, on the other hand, were soft and not very pigmented except for the grey matte shadow. The lip products were also mostly sheer, and the only shade that really popped was the coral one.

Although the eye shadows initially turned me off since they were so soft, they made for a very nice daytime look which is shown below.


I used the white shade on my brow bone, the pink shade on my mobile lid, the pewter on the outer half of my lid and the grey shade on the outer corner. To add definition to my crease, I blended Urban Decay eye shadow in Naked with a crease brush.


I am also wearing the blush on my cheeks and and the light pink lip gloss on top of MAC lipstick in Modesty, a cool-toned nude pink.

So far, I'm loving the quality of this palette. It is very glowy as the name suggests, and the shades are very luminous and light. I especially adore the pinky blush.

Do you ever shop beauty palettes when hitting the Duty Free Shops?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER