Birthday WISHlist aka Things I'm Excited About This Fall

Saturday, October 25, 2014

From left to right. First row: Lorac Pro Mega, Boscia Konjac Sponge in Complexion Clearing Clay, First Aid Beauty Cheers to Fab Skin. Second row: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, Bite Beauty Best Bite Remix, Benefit Cosmetics Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O'Blushes. Third Row: Marc Jacobs Beauty The Sky-Liner Seven-Piece Petite Highlighting Collection, Lorac Pro 2, Truffle Large Clarity Pouch.
My birthday is this weekend. I'm thankful for getting through another year in my life. Beauty-wise, I'm learning to view makeup as more of a fun thing to play around with than a necessity, which is kinda odd since I seem to be acquiring more makeup these days. For example, some days last summer, I barely wore makeup except for concealer, lip color and eye brow color--something I never would have dreamed of doing five years ago. I've also been experimenting with different lipsticks and eye shadow shades. And I've learned to wear a dark, vampy lip without hesitation. (My secret? Confidence! Seriously. It's all you need.) My skin care routine, on the other hand, is becoming more complex, as I've learned to incorporate additional steps such as toning and adding serum.

And of course, this birthday beauty post wouldn't be complete without a crazy, ridiculous birthday wishlist of makeup and skincare I've been getting excited about for fall:


LORAC Pro Mega
I'm a huge sucker for eye shadow palettes, and considering this is LORAC we're talking about, I'm only expecting top quality from this product.  

Boscia Konjac Sponge in Complexion Clearing Clay
This Boscia product was my introduction to konjac sponges, and I was hooked immediately by how gentle, soft and effective it was. I've tried cheapie versions of konjac sponges before, but this one is definitely the softest, and with its circular shape, it fits perfectly in those hard-to-reach areas of my face such as the sides of my nose. 

First Aid Beauty Cheers to Fab Skin
I can't get enough of First Aid Beauty! I am such a huge fan of their cleanser, and I liked their eye cream. This set has both products, plus other stuff I can test out. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette
Although my experience with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders was just ok, I've heard wonderful reviews about their blushes, and this palette gives me the opportunity to try three. 

Bite Beauty Best Bite Remix
Bite Beauty has one of the most moisturizing lip color formulas I've ever encountered. I like that this set of four matte pencils contains very wearable colors from nude pink to bright red. 

Benefit Cosmetics Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O' Blushes
I'll admit it: the packaging plays a huge role here. It makes the set of blushes/bronzers look super adorable. I haven't purchased a Benefit product in a very long time, but this cheek "box" is tempting me to revisit the brand again!

Marc Jacobs Beauty The Sky-Liner Seven-Piece Petite Highlighter Collection
Eyeliner is a huge staple for me, and this set of seven lets me play with a ton of shades I normally wouldn't purchase for the full price. 

LORAC Pro 2
Why, of course I am including another LORAC product here! I've heard amazing things about this palette, and I can't wait to confirm those things by testing them out myself. 

Truffle Large Clarity Pouch
These pouches are helpful for traveling, look cute, and do a great deal to protect my stuff against spills. The more I have, the better!

What are you excited to purchase this fall?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER