REVIEW: NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita

Monday, September 8, 2014


I haven't purchased a NARS lipstick in years. Even though I love the packaging and Fruity Pebble Scent, I found the formula to be drying and not long-lasting. But with the recent launch of the NARS Audacious Lipstick in a whopping 40 colors, I was interested once again in trying out their lip colors. I purchased and will review two pinky nude shades. First up: NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita ($32, Sephora).



Description

From the NARS Cosmetics website:
"Modern lipstick so shamelessly seductive in touch and texture the sensation is audacious. Unadulterated luxury glides on like satin across skin with single-stroke coverage. A spectrum of 40 shades for unstoppable impact. One-stroke, full coverage creamy wear. Luxurious texture and enriched with ingredients to smooth and and nourish lips. Long-lasting."
Packaging

The NARS Audacious Lipsticks are packaged in sturdy plastic containers with a magnetic enclosure to seal the lipstick shut. Each lipstick tube contains .14oz of product.


Color and Pigmentation 

Anita is a neutral beige pink. It has excellent pigmentation (completely opaque in one swipe) and a satin finish.


Formula and Wear


Anita had a creamy consistency and applied smoothly, easily going over my lips to hide any imperfections. Upon initial application, my lips felt very soft. I found that this lipstick felt a tad heavy on my lips, and easily migrated to my teeth if I overapplied, so I had to remember to blot if I put on too much.

Anita lasted about 4 hours on me. After a couple of hours, the creamy, moisturizing layer faded away, but the pigment was still there.

Grade

A+

I am more obsessed than ever with the NARS Audacious Lipstick line because of my experience with Anita! I can't believe how different--and better--these are than their original lipsticks. Crazy! If you're looking for a non-drying lipstick with great wear time and pigmentation, check this shade out out! :)

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER