REVIEW: Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Deep Beige

Thursday, September 4, 2014


When it comes to cheapie, drugstore foundation loves, my first was the Revlon ColorStay (light, creamy, buildable and long-lasting), which had changed formulas in the middle of our romance, followed by Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation (light, creamy, buildable, long-lasting and good at controlling oil). I would've stayed with my second cheapie foundation love if I hadn't started getting annoying little zits on my forehead from using it all the time. For a while, I used a pricier, but not matte, foundation, but since it ran out, I am too lazy and too cheap to repurchase it.

With time running out, I spent a lot of time on Make Up Alley and Google looking up reviews for affordable, matte foundations at drugstore prices, which is how I ended up with this Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Deep Beige. Read my review after the jump.



Claims

From the Target website:
"Beautifully Matte foundation from Boots No7 delivers a flawless, shine-free finish for up to 12 hours. Formulated especially for oily skin, it includes SPF 15 broad-spectrum sunscreen to guard against sun damage. Beautifully Matte foundation is available in a wide range of colors, so you're sure to find the perfect match for your skin tone."
Packaging

The foundation comes in a plastic container with a pump. It is very simple yet sanitary. Two pumps are all you'll need for your face and neck.


Color

I was hesitant to purchase Deep Beige at first since the bottle and name suggested it was much darker and warmer than it actually was. Swatching it, however, convinced me that the shade was probably the best match for me and wasn't as dark or as warm as I thought. On my neutral to cool skin tone, Deep Beige blended wonderfully. I am an NC25 in MAC Studio Tech and a medium beige in Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, for reference.


Left: Bare face toward the camera, Center: foundation face toward the camera, Right: full face with foundation

Formula and Wearability

The formula of Beautifully Matte was light and thin. Since it set quickly, I had to work faster than usual with this foundation and had to use a damp Beauty Blender knock off (I've purchased so many, I can't keep track of their names, haha) to blend my makeup. It had a matte finish and gave me buildable medium coverage. If you have dark circles, you will probably still have to put on a heavier concealer.

I wore this foundation on a very hot, humid day, and this foundation stayed on for the whole day and didn't oxidize, even as my face started getting S-W-E-A-T-Y. My skin did end up getting shiny after five hours or so, but it was a dewy shine, not a gross shine.

I also took a picture of myself wearing this using flash on my camera, and fortunately, it did give my skin a white cast. 

Grade

A+

I am so glad I did my research when purchasing this product. Just when I thought my drugstore foundation life was over, I found this gem. I highly recommend this if you're looking for an affordable, long-lasting, matte finish foundation.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER