REVIEW: YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in Pink Hedoniste

Saturday, August 16, 2014


It looks like a nail polish, but it's a lip and cheek color! Oh YSL, with your beautiful, glam packaging, you've got me again! Read on to see how my latest YSL purchase--this Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in Pink Hedoniste ($40 for .33oz at Sephora)--went for me.

Description

From the Sephora website:
"An air-whipped, two-in-one mousse formula for lips and cheeks. . . Highlight lips and cheeks with ultrablendable color and an edgy baby doll attitude. Yves Saint Laurent’s whipped mousse highlights lips and cheeks with a sensual, soft matte finish."
Packaging

The Baby Doll Kiss & Blush comes in a glass container with a metal cap. It looks like a high-end nail polish. The foam applicator is very interesting since it looks like a miniature bubble wand. In the center, the applicator protrudes.



Color and Pigmentation

Pink Hedoniste is a a pale, pinky guava shade. As the description suggests, it is a mousse formula with a matte finish. It had good pigmentation for a mousse, and can be built up for more intense color pay-off. 


Formula and Wearability

Top Left: swatches of Pink Hedoniste not blended and blended out, Bottom Left: Pink Hedoniste layered on the lips, Right: Pink Hedoniste on cheeks and on lips
The mousse formula made it really easy to blend into my skin as a blush, and it looked very natural on my cheeks. I tested Pink Hedoniste for several days now, and it had excellent staying powder on all days. I even wore this on a hot day at an amusement park, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was still hanging on even when I got home!

As a lip color, this product was felt velvety soft but was not moisturizing. Also, because of the matte finish, and since the color was so pale, the lip color tended to sink into the lines of my lips after a few hours. I really couldn't get myself to wear this for the whole day since it didn't look good on my lips.

Grade

A+ as blush, C+ as lip color

As a long-wearing, easy-to-use cheek color, Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in Pink Hedoniste is a great pick for summer. However, I would not recommend this as a lip color since the staying power is not good, and it will sink into the lines of the lips very easily.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER