REVIEW: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Sunday, August 31, 2014


Even on the coldest days, my eyeliner will find a way to slide off and smudge. So you can imagine how super annoying my eyeliner gets in the summer. I'm basically on racoon-eye-alert for most of the day. Tired of having to clean up makeup smudges with cotton swabs--or having to skip eyeliner all together--I purchased this Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in dark brown ($20, stilacosmetics.com), which I've been reading good things about on the Internet. See if it lived up to its claims after the jump.



Claims

From the Stila website:
"Finally, a waterproof liquid liner that glides on with ease, won't smudge or run, and stays in place until you say when! The thin marker-like tip is easy to use even for the least experienced, and delivers a defined thin line to a dramatic bold line with precision. Goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and lasts all day!"
Packaging

The packaging is simple and functional. The liner is shaped like a very skinny felt-tip marker. The cap keeps the product nice and secure and is easy to pull off.


Color and Pigmentation

This eyeliner was very pigmented. It is a deep, neutral brown color. The eyeliner makes nice, medium strokes that dry quickly.


Formula and Wear

The eyeliner had one of the best liquid liner formulas I've ever worked with. The felt-tip allowed me to always dispense just the right amount needed to line my eyes. The liner always dispensed color evenly, and it was easy to build up a line without causing the existing line to flake. I also liked that since the liner doesn't dispense too much product per swipe, I didn't have to worry about the line smudging to my crease while applying the liner.

I wore this liner for the whole day, and it really does stay put! No need to bust out my cotton swabs to clean up any eye make up messes multiple times per day!

Removal of this product was quite tricky. You will probably need an eye makeup remover if you want to get the job done quickly. I used a cream cleanser that can remove makeup as well, but I found that I had to scrub my lid longer in order to get all the product off.

Grade

A+

I highly recommend this liner if you have oily lids. It is super easy to work with and stays on all day, like its name suggests. Just make sure you have a good eye makeup remover to take it all off at the end of the day!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER