REVIEW: Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy in 510 Dolci

Monday, August 18, 2014


I've been on the hunt for a new red lipstick--one to use when I want to give my standby nude lip colors and old red lipstick fave (YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 04) a break. The Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy line caught my attention during my red lipstick search for 2 main reasons: I love the Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani line already and my heart sank when I found out Giorgio Armani Beauty was supposedly planning to phase out the Rouge D'Armani line soon according to a Sephora sales associate. To prepare myself for the possible departure of my new favorite lipstick line (I'm in early mourning if what the sales associate said is true, WAHHH) and to fill my current red lipstick fake need, I decided to purchase this beauty--Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy in 510 Dolci ($34, giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com)--to give one of Giorgio Armani Beauty's other lipstick lines a chance. I've been wearing "Dolci" at least once a week ALL SUMMER, and here's how it's been going.

[TAKE A WILD GUESS.]

Description

From the Giorgio Armani Beauty website:
"With Rouge Ecstasy, the Giorgio Armani laboratories push the boundaries of the exceptional even further with the first “CC” lipstick. “Color & Care” – new innovative hybrid product that marks the start of a new era in lipstick."
The line has 36 luminous shades. It also claims to have the "comfort and softness of a lip balm" (care promise) and the saturation and wear of a lipstick (color promise).

Packaging


Like its Rouge D'Armani sister, the lipstick is packaged in a glossy, sturdy plastic lipstick tube with a subtle hourglass shape. It features the Giorgio Armani logo in the center.

Color and Pigmentation

"Dolci" is a bright, pinkish red with cool undertones. It is opaque in one swipe. In person, I did not find it to be luminous, but in photographs, I do see that there is some subtle radiance to the shade.


Formula and Wearability

"Dolci" was neither too buttery nor too dry when applied to the lips. It was soft enough that it didn't tug at or dry my lips, and it was firm enough to actually stay put. It did a wonderful job of remaining on my lips throughout the day, and very little would smudge after eating or drinking.

I found "Dolci" to be very comfortable to wear, and I loved how pigmented it was. And even though the shade is kind of bright, the amount of pink in the shade keeps it very wearable.


Pictured right: feeling like a confident Asian Gwen Stefani stand-in

Grade

A+

"Dolci" is one of my newest fave lip colors, and if the rest of the Rouge Ecstasy line performs just as well as this single lipstick, I think I will be just fine switching my obsession from the Rouge D'Armani line to the Rouge Ecstasy line. :) I highly recommend "Dolci" if you're looking to spend some extra cash on a luxury, low-maintenance lipstick that keeps your lips soft. Also, if you're new to reds, the sheen and pink in this lipstick makes it an easier shade to pull off.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER