This Weird-Shaped Brush Has Tamed My Tresses!

Friday, June 13, 2014


Yes, it looks creepy from afar--like some kind of bug straight from Wizard of Oz with way too many legs--but this odd-shaped hair tool known as Tangle Teezer ($12, sallybeauty.com) has worked wonders on my normally knotty hair.

I received it at the bottom of a gift bag from an event I attended several months ago. When I got home to use the brush, it worked through the knots in my hair so easily and so gently—pretty much the opposite of my typical experiences with hair brushes.

After a quick web search, I found out exactly why bug brush is so great: unlike regular brushes which are stiff, Tangle Teezer can flex, so it doesn't tug at hair when it encounters any tangles, meaning less pain and, in my experience, less fall-out. It can be used on all hair types, wet or dry hair and even synthetic hair, wigs and extensions. All of this makes me a really happy girl, and I can almost forget the trauma of having a stylist painfully comb through the locks of 9 year-old me and then have to razor out the knots in defeat.

Before using Tangle Teezer, I had been simply combing my hair with my fingers using my trusty detangler Klorane Leave-in Spray with Citrus Pulp. The spray did its job, but I found myself using more spritzes than I'd like to truly get through the knots and having to replace my $14 spray quite frequently.

I still use my leave-in spray since it adds great shine to my hair, but even without the aid of the spray, Tangle Teezer gets through all my crazy hair knots in a breeze! I love it so much I even purchased an extra to keep inside my purse at all times. Who would've thought there would be space in my life for not one, but two creepy crawly things?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER