NARS 500-Point Perk!

Friday, June 6, 2014


I had been saving up my Sephora Beauty Insider points for a very, very long time (tipping over 1400 points at one time--hey I shop a lot!!) because most of the 500-point or 100-point perks hadn't interested me very much. I must've said "Um, no, I think I'll save the points," about a trillion times to the Sephora sales associates, haha. Even when I did occasionally opt for a 100-point gift, the newness of the product quickly wore away for me, and I either lost the product in my mess of a room, or I tossed it in my sample bag, which I rarely ever open.

But recently I saw that NARS products were part of the 500-Point Perk, and being a somewhat-fan of the brand, I decided to give in! Plus, that mini-sized blush would fit perfectly in my purse! Here's a summary of what I got:

1) NARS Larger than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto (.01oz), a black liner that glides on easily but claims to last all day. Full-sized version is .02oz and $24.

I've only swatched this, and it looks ok, but black liners aren't really my thing. I'm more of a brown liner girl.



2) NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (.01oz), an eyeshadow base. Full-sized version is .26oz and $25. 

Seeing as my Urban Decay primer potion will be running out in a few months, I'm open to new primer options! I'll probably test this primer when I travel (hopefully!). 



3) NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien (.05oz), a rose pink. Full sized version is .07oz and $25. Ssee comparison pic below.

I also only swatched this. It appears kinda luminous, and the color seems like it would be ok on my skin tone. I just hope it doesn't make me look too sallow! 



4) NARS Blush in Deep Throat (.14oz), a peachy-pink with shimmer. Full-sized version is .16oz and $25. See comparison pic below.

Last but not least, Deep Throat--the main reason I even got this 500-Point Perk. I've been using NARS Blush in this shade for years, and I still love it because it gives me a lovely peachy-pink glow. The pan size is small--the same size as the single eyeshadows--so your typical blush brush  may have trouble fitting inside.


Final Thoughts 

If your local Sephora still stocks this 500-Point Perk box, I say go for it! Overall, it's a really great value, and I am particularly impressed by the sizes of the blush, lip color and eyeliner. I'm not too crazy about the eyeliner, but the lip color and blush seem like they would suit a lot of different skin tones. 

And now, on to racking up more Beauty Insider points! 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER