REVIEW: Guerlain Rouge G in Garance

Thursday, May 29, 2014


I always hear such great things about the Guerlain line, but the prices have kept me from actually purchasing anything from them for years! But one faithful day at Sephora, as I was obsessing over the Giorgio Armani beauty section, a sales associate approached me and convinced me to try out Garance from the Guerlain Rouge G line. The claims? Super long wear time--a really important quality in my book!

Find out how it went for me after the jump!

Description


From the Sephora website:
"Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact contains a ruby-powder formula that interacts with the light and creates a jaw-dropping pout of perfection. At first glaze, lips will be left defined, smoothed, plumped, and hydrated.
Packaging



Guerlain Rouge G packaging is probably one of the prettiest, most luxuriously packaged lipsticks I've ever owned. It is encased in a reflective metal container that's heavier that most lipstick containers. When you pull the lipstick out, a dual-sized mirror pops open so you can apply your lipstick when you're on-the-go. Conversely, to close the mirror, you have to slide the lipstick back into the cap.

Color and Pigmentation 

"Garance" is a neutral rose-brown with a satin finish. It is opaque in one swipe.



Formula and Wear

Garance has a light, creamy consistency that feels very emollient on the lips. It had a light rose scent and glided easily and evenly over my lips. It wore well for six hours (even through eating and drinking) before fading evenly on the lips.


Grade

A

Garance was super comfortable to wear throughout the day, and I was particularly impressed by how well it stayed put through my meals! Easy application, long-wear, and a moisturizing application earn this lipstick high marks. If you're willing to splurge on a lux formula and packaging, you won't be disappointed by this lipstick!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER