REVIEW: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Medium Beige

Tuesday, May 27, 2014


It's just like finding your favorite bra. Once you've found the fit, shape and cut that work for you in one product, the manufacturer suddenly stops making it! And you're left trying to make due with what you have, till you just have to move on and find something similar.

That's what happened to me with my Revlon ColorStay Foundation. I've been a Revlon foundation loyalist since college, but was unexpectedly forced to change foundations when I noticed a formula change. Picture me, getting home to try on my latest Revlon foundation refill, only to find a big gloopy mess that could barely come out of the bottle! No more creamy foundation that glided onto my skin and gave buildable coverage and oil control for me.

I was sad, but seeing as I had some major blemishes to cover, I headed out to try some new foundations on the market. For this review, I will be discussing Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Medium Beige ($10 at Walmart), which claims to be a primer, concealer and foundation in one! Read on to see if this Covergirl foundation can live up to its claims and fill the space Revlon ColorStay left when the manufacturers changed the formula (and stopped wanting my money)!

Description

From the Covergirl website:
"All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long."

Packaging

The foundation comes in a glass container with a plastic pump and cover--great for keeping everything sanitary. It contains 1 fl oz. of product, which is typical for most foundations.


Color and Coverage

The shade I purchased is Medium Beige. It has neutral undertones and a matte finish. The coverage is buildable but starts off as medium.



Formula and Wearability

The formula was thin and creamy, and blended into my skin well. I prefer using it with a damp beauty sponge as opposed to a foundation brush for the most natural finish. 

I've been testing out this foundation for a few months, and the foundation lasts all day on my face, and is great at controlling oil production when worn on top of my Murad Oil Control Mattifier. However, when I wear this on my neck while wearing collared or crew neck shirts, my tops do end up with a little foundation on them by the end of the day.

The foundation does contain silicons, which I was worried about at first. I didn't harshly break out from this product, but I did notice a few small bumps on my forehead while using this product. I almost never break out on my forehead. I'm not sure if this product is to blame, however.

As a concealer, this product also worked well. I simply had to layer more of this product on certain spots.  On my dark circles, I think it did a pretty good job of hiding any dark shadows.

Also a plus: SPF 20! Gotta love this for summer! 

Left: bare faced except for eyebrow stuff and a lip color, Right: wearing the Covergirl Foundation all over my skin, and layered under my eyes as concealer.
Grade

A, initially, now a B

I was pleasantly surprised by this product, especially since I haven't purchased a Covergirl product in a very long time! It provided me with the coverage and staying power I wanted, and even though it didn't advertise itself as good for oily skin, it did a great job at keeping the oilies at bay! I think I've found a new go-to foundation, and fortunately it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!

ETA 9/2/14: I have actually stopped using this since I noticed that it made me break out slightly on my forehead. However, for long events, I still think this is a good once-in-a-while foundation. 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER