REVIEW: Burberry Light Glow in Blossom Blush

Friday, March 7, 2014


After absolutely loving the Burberry Lip Cover in Tea Rose, given to me by blogger/super-wonderful friend Makeupwithtea for my birthday in October, I headed to my nearest Nordstrom counter in search of another product from that brand. One of the things I took home was this Burberry Light Glow in Blossom Blush ($48 at Nordstrom), which I will be reviewing today.

I normally prefer pink blushes to peach or coral ones, but when the sales lady swatched it for me at the store, it looked so gorgeous that I couldn't resist purchasing it! Read on to find out if it was worth the $48 price tag! My friends who read this: please stop rolling your eyes at me!

Description

From the US Burberry website

"A lightweight blush that gives the skin a bright fresh glow, Burberry Light Glow contains silicones for effortless and even application and wild rose extract for moisturising benefits. The complexion glows with natural looking radiance. Apply to the hollow of the cheeks to slim the face or apply to the cheek bone to highlight."
Packaging

Burberry Light Glow blushes are packaged in reflective containers featuring the classic Burberry check pattern. Inside the compact is a full-sized mirror, the blush pan and a brush. It also comes with a velvety sleeve in order to prevent scratches.



Color and Pigmentation

Blossom Blush is a warm coral pink with incredible pigmentation. As the product description suggests, it leaves a hint of radiance or luminosity to the skin, which is very nice. On my neutral to cool skin, the blush appeared more pink. As pigmented as it was, when blended out on my skin, it looked very natural.




Formula and Wearability

The formula was very easy to work with. My blush brush was easily able to pick up the blush, and I had to actually tap my brush a few times to shake off excess blush! The blush overall felt very light, and it blended effortlessly onto my skin.

As the product description notes, there are silicones in this product, which are supposed to add smoothness to the application. Honestly, I am not sure if many of the blushes I've used contained silicon, but the application was very effortless. 

I tested this blush for 8 hours, and it was still hanging on by the end of the day.


Grade

A+

This is probably one of the best blush purchases I made in a while.My only regret is that I didn't buy one or two more! The formula was amazing to work with, the luminous color coral pink color was gorgeous, and the staying power was good. Highly recommended!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER