REVIEW: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown

Monday, March 3, 2014


After less than a year of wearing Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow on my sparse brows every time I do my makeup, I've finally been tempted to try out a new brow product on the market--Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade ($18 at Sephora).

You may be wondering--what's wrong with Aqua Brow?Absolutely nothing, my lovelies! There is NOTHING wrong with Aqua Brow. It's very easy to use, especially considering the fact that it requires you to use a brush to apply (for many makeup novices, brushes can be really scary). Aqua Brow is also incredibly long-lasting, natural-looking and best of all, a little bit goes a long way. Case in point: it's been 9 months since I started using Aqua Brow, and I'm still not done with the tube! 

But remember, ladies, life is full of change, and I really love variety. So I decided to try this out because, who knows?, it might be better than the best in my current makeup stash, and maybe then I'll have two brow loves :)

So, without further ado, here's my review of my latest brow-centric purchase.

Description

From the Anastasia Beverly Hills website:
"Waterproof brow color ideal for sculpting, defining, and carving perfectly precise brows that won’t fade. Smudge-free, creamy formula glides on skin and adheres to hair. Must-have for oily skin and humid climates. Tighten cap to prevent drying."
It's also important to note that it can also double as a gel liner.

Packaging

Dipbrows are packaged in glass pots with plastic caps and are similar to MAC Fluidlines in both size and packaging. 

 

Color and Pigmentation

I chose the shade "Dark Brown" at Sephora. There were a few other shades of brown I could've gone with, such as ebony and chocolate, but I decided to go with dark brown because I thought the color would look the most natural on my brows. 

"Dark brown" was very pigmented, but it could also be blended out to look less intense. There is a slight bit of sheen when first applied.

 

Formula and Wearability

This Dipbrow has a creamy formula, and is similar to the consistency of gel liners. Due to its creamy formula, it was easy to apply and glide on to different parts of my brows. It worked well in defining the arches and ends of my brows, and it did a good job of lightly filling in the beginnings of my brows. After the Dipbrow set (after a few minutes), my brows stayed put for about eight hours. The only time Dipbrow moved was when I rubbed my brows with the back of my hand (not a good idea since my oily skin helps makeup just slip off). 

In comparison to Make Up For Ever's Aqua Brow, Dipbrow is much creamier and more intense, like the MAC Fluidlines. Aqua Brow is thicker and dries down to more of a natural finish.

Dipbrow can also be used as a long-wearing gel liner. I wore it on my lash line for over 12 hours, and it lasted the entire 12 hours without smudging! This is a huge deal to me since some gel liners that claim to be long-wearing end up on my lower lash line by the end of the day. What a pleasant surprise that this eyeliner doesn't do that! :)

Grade 

A+

I liked the performance of Dipbrow. It has certainly proven itself to me as a good brow product for buildable color, long-wear and easy application. However, I still slightly prefer the more natural finish of the Aqua Brow for my every day look. But for women who prefer to keep their brows thin and dark and defined, this product would do wonders! And, as mentioned before, as a gel liner, I absolutely adore it!

Have you tried Dipbrow? What are your thoughts?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER