REVIEW: Make Up For Ever HD Blush in 220 Pink Sand

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

NOTE: This blush isn't that dark!

Sticky, shiny, quick-to-fade and unsanitary are just a few things that come to mind when I think of cream blushes, which is why I, for many years, have to stuck to classic powder formulas. But just when I thought I had sworn off cream blushes forever, I started seeing positive reviews of Make Up For Ever HD Blush popping up on every beauty blog and beauty YouTube channel I frequent! I already pretty much love Make Up For Ever for giving me eyebrows, a concealer that doesn't fade away after three hours and an excellent powder compact, so I actually wasn't concerned about disliking this blush when I first bought it last weekend. I've been testing it out for about three days, for eight hours at a time. Read on to see if I'm now a cream blush convert!

Description

From the back of the packaging:
"Products in the HD range come from a generation of formulas designed to create makeup that is flawless, natural and invisible to both definition cameras and the naked eye.Unlike any other cream or powder blush, this unique formula melts on the skin for an extremely natural flush of color with a long lasting result. Its blendable, second skin texture allows for easy, controlled application. Formulated with the perfect balance of silica powder and synthetic mica, HD Blush has a soft focus effect that diffuses light for a radiant finish. Its blend of waxes and oils creates a lightweight texture that easily glides on the skin for a flawless result."
Packaging

HD blushes are packaged in slim, round plastic containers that click shut. The compact contains a full-sized mirror.



Color and Pigmentation

"Pink Sand"  is a highly-pigmented neutral beige pink with a satin finish. 

In some lighting, Pink Sand appears deeper than it actually is when swatched on the skin. Here's a great example of that!
Swatches of Pink Sand streaked across my arm and then blended, and worn on my cheek. This gives a more accurate idea of how the color actually appears.

Formula and Wearability

"Pink Sand" was very creamy and easy to work with. I applied the product with my fingers, and it melted into my skin and blended well, providing a powder-like feel. Unlike more emollient cream blushes, this blush didn't feel sticky or feel like it was sitting on my skin. I tested this for a few days, and even as my skin became oily, the blush still hung on. At the end of those days (after 8 hours), the blush was still visible on my cheeks.

Grade

A+

Although cream blush still isn't my thing (I'm sure I'll have to figure out a way to clean this blush on one of my makeup-sanitation sprees), I can't deny how awesome and long-wearing the formula of "Pink Sand" is! It lasts long, has great, buildable pigmentation and is easy to work with. I think even oily-skinned women could pull this blush off if they wanted to. Highly recommend!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER