My Latest Obsession: Claus Porto Soaps

Monday, January 13, 2014


During extremely cold weather, it's important that I not only moisturize my skin but that I also avoid doing things that could dry out my skin. Aside from slathering lotion after every time I shower or wash my hands, I've also been trying to keep my skin supple this season by using a gentler soap, particularly one that contains very little to no sulfate.

On a recent trip to a local pharmacy, I stumbled across these ornately-packaged and lovely smelling soaps from Claus Porto, a Portuguese brand. Based on their ingredients list, which included moisturizing ingredients such as shea butter, moisture-attracting glycerin and mango seed butter, and most importantly, typically no sulfate, they seemed to fit the bill for a gentle soap. At about $10 for a 5.3 oz bar, I normally would not have bought more than 1 or 2, but on the day of my visit, there was a great sale going on for all the bars! Here's a list of the scented soaps I took home:



From the Deco Collection, which has a Deco design and is known for its rich scents:
  • Madrigal Water Lily
  • Lize Morning Glory
From the Fantasia Collection, which contains soaps that are supposed to be emollient
  • Tulip
  • Bosc Pear
  • Lime Basil
  • Rose

My first bar, called Cerina Marine (not pictured), lasted me about a week and a half. It created a nice lather and smelled wonderful! Made with shea butter, it felt very creamy and didn't dry out my skin. I'm very pleased with my purchase, and I can't wait to use another Claus Porto soap :)

Have a great week!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER