FOTD: Precious Pinks from the Naked3 Palette

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I never thought I could wear pink makeup while wearing leather sleeves.

I was very happy with my Urban Decay Naked3 purchase last month, but sometimes, I feel like it's just too pretty to use! The color scheme, the packaging, the wonderful pigmentation--just gorgeousness all around. Sometimes I worry something bad will happen to it, and I'll have to wait forever to repurchase since it's sold out in a ton of shops!

Anyway, for this Face of the Day, I decided to actually use the palette to create a soft, romantic look. As you can see in the picture, I paired it with a crew neck tee that had leather sleeves. It's not the most obvious makeup + top match, but I think it works, since the nude pink softens the edge of the leather detailing. Clearly, this is more of a natural look, so you can pair this with almost any outfit.

Here's what I used:

Face
  • To perfect my skin, I used Revlon Color Stay Foundation in Fresh Beige applied with a damp blending sponge
  • To conceal dark circles, I used Make Up For Ever Concealer in Vanilla
Eyes
  • For my eyebrows, I used Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow in Ash to add definition and shape.
  •  I primed lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion in the Original formula
  • For my eyeshadow, I only used shadows from the Urban Decay Naked3 palette. On my mobile lid, I used Buzz with Strange layered on top to soften the color. I also used Strange on my brow bone. On the crease, I used Limit with Nooner layered on top to add depth. I used the same two shadows on my lower lashline as well. 
  • To line my lids, I used a brown liner from Pixi
  • To complete the eye look, I added a coat of Pixi Large Lash Mascara, then curled my lashes.
 Cheeks
  • To keep this look subtle, I decided to go for a nude pink cheek color. I used Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed.
 Lips
  • To keep with the pink theme, I applied Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked, a nude pink, on my lips. 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER