REVIEW: Burberry Lip Cover in 08 Tea Rose

Wednesday, December 4, 2013


One of the birthday presents I received last month was this Burberry Lip Cover in 08 Tea Rose, given to me by my good friend and fellow blogger Lynn from Makeupwithtea. Props to her for introducing me to another high-end lipstick! I was super excited to try this out and to share my thoughts with you ladies. Check out my full review, swatches and more pics after the jump.

Description

From the Burberry website:
"Burberry Lip Cover adds a touch of radiance.The lightweight combination of nourishing oils and gel dispersed pigment ensures intense moisture and long lasting colour."

Packaging

Burberry Lip Covers are housed in sturdy, metallic, reflective containers. The cap features the signature Burberry check pattern, and the top can be used as a mirror when applying lipstick. The case uses a magnetic enclosure to keep the lipstick protected. Overall, the packaging makes the lipstick look and feel very luxe. And of course, the check pattern on the lipstick bullet is very eye-catching and original.  


Color and Pigmentation


Tea Rose is a pigmented, luminous medium-pink with a satin finish. The luminous effect, which tends to accentuate full lips like mine, was a bit intimidating at first since I'm only used to wearing very flat lip colors. However, the lip color really grew on me, and I ended up finding the luminosity to be pretty and subtle.


Formula and Wearability

The lipstick felt very light and moisturizing. It lasted about 4 hours on me before showing signs of fading. It faded nicely without settling into the lines on my lips.

Grade

A

No complaints here! I really liked this lipstick. It had decent staying power. The luminous finish really makes this lipstick stand out from the other pinks in my collection. If the color doesn't sell you completely, I think the moisturizing factor will. I suggest checking it out if you're looking to splurge :)

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER