REVIEW: Anna Sui Rose Cheek Color in 400 Anna Rose

Monday, December 30, 2013


Mosaic blushes are so gorgeous, and this Anna Sui Rose Cheek Color Blush in 400 Anna Rose ($36 at beautylish.com) is no different. I purchased it as part of my first-ever Anna Sui haul. Find out how my latest blush purchase went after the jump!


Description

From the Beautylish website:
"This moist, sheer powder retains a dewy, glossy finish. Use a single color or in different combinations to compliment your look. This Rose Cheek Color has a delicate sparkle and the signature Anna Sui tea rose scent."
Packaging

The blush is housed in sturdy plastic packaging with ornate girly-goth detailing.



Color and Pigmentation


Anna Rose is made up of 4 different shades:
  • a cool, matte pale white-pink with glitter
  • a matte bright peachy pink
  • a matte cool-toned pinkish red
  • a deep coral  
The colors blend together to create a warm pink glow. 



matte pale white pink, peachy pink, reddish pink, coral

Formula, Application and Wear

Just as its original description suggests, this blush has a rose scent and moist texture, which I had never worked with before. I found this blush formula to be less blendable off the bat than my favorite blushes--NARS and Cargo blushes. I felt like I had to blend more with this blush (using a kabuki brush) than any other powder blush formula I've had to work with, since it seemed slightly difficult to drag the color to all areas of my cheeks. In addition, I had to blend more since the colors were very pigmented, and blending is a must in order to avoid clown face! (I suggest applying the blush with a light hand OR tapping your brush a few times before applying the blush to your face to avoid putting on too much). 

A plus regarding the moist formula is that it keeps the blush pan much neater, since the powders are less likely to scatter everywhere after one application. Anna Rose lasted a good 7 hours on my face before significantly fading.


Grade

B+

I liked this blush for its pigmentation and long-wear formula. The moist texture might turn some people off at first, especially for those people like me who LOVE NARS and Cargo blushes, since you will have to blend out a little more. I probably wouldn't repurchase this blush since I don't prefer the texture, and the price point is high.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER