REVIEW: Anna Sui Lipstick in 303

Wednesday, December 18, 2013


From my recent Anna Sui beauty haul, I'll be discussing Anna Sui Lipstick in 303. Was it as good as I expected it to be and worth the $30 price tag? Read on to find out!

Description

From the Beautylish website:
"A remarkable vivid rose pink lipstick with ultra-smooth texture that will leave you looking like a Drama Queen! Breathtakingly bright & vivid color leaves lips looking instantly dramatic."

 Packaging

The girly-goth packaging of this lipstick really stands out. The plastic case is textured and ornately-decorated, unlike most lipstick containers which are smooth. It features a cute rose at the top of the lipstick case, which you need to pull on to release the lipstick. As a result, the lipstick bullet faces downward, and you won't be able to get the lipstick to stand up with the bullet facing upward because of the rose. The container snaps shut but doesn't feel extremely secure.




Color and Pigmentation

"303" is described as a vivid rose pink. It's a very pigmented cool-toned medium pink. Against my neutral to cool skin tone, the shade looks slightly mauve. It's a nice, everyday color that would suit a variety of cool skin tones, from very fair to very dark.


Formula and Wear

"303" has a shiny finish and a light rose scent. The consistency is a bit slippery. It glides easily and evenly and melts nicely into my lips while concealing lip imperfections. It reminds me of a slightly thicker version of the NYX Round Lipsticks, which had a lot of slip.

I tested this lipstick on several occasions. The shiny top layer disappeared in less than 2 hours, taking away any moisturizing potential with it. By the third hour, the color was also fading. It left my lips feeling the same--not dry, but not soft either. The color faded into the lines on my lips by the end of the day.

Grade 

B

Although I really liked the color, finish and packaging of this lipstick, the wear time was certainly disappointing. Moreover, it wasn't moisturizing. So, unfortunately, as beautiful as it is, I probably won't repurchase this lip color. 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER