My Favorite Makeup Products of 2013

Tuesday, December 31, 2013


I've accumulated a lot of makeup this year, partly because of my job, partly because of my paycheck, and also because of family and friends who enable my makeup obsession (and who I love so dearly). These products were my new favorites of the year, and I won't let 2013 pass by without showing them some extra love--in public!:

1. Pixi Large Lash Mascara ($16, target.com)--I never leave the house without mascara, and I found myself reverting to this mascara over and over this year since it was excellent at lengthening and volumizing my lashes in a snap without creating clumps.

2. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow in Naked ($18, urbandecay.com)--Thanks to the original Naked palette, I was introduced to this pale brown matte shade. I've been using it almost every single day this year to define my crease and add depth to my flat eye shape.

3. Ecotools Brushes (ecotools.com)--My friend Makeupwithtea turned me on to these brushes, and I'm so glad I listened to her! The overall quality of the brushes is very good for a drugstore brand. I especially love the concealer brush, which is the perfect size for concealing dark circles.

4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Top Coat ($21, sephora.com)--This mascara has always managed to do its job--even through the hottest days and a tearful trip to the dentist! [Seriously, I cried at the dentist.But my mascara stayed put because of this top coat! WIN!]

5.Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow ($20, sephora.com)--Although I first bought this as a summer-specific product, I ended up loving it so much that I now use it all year. Long-wear, a natural finish and an easy application make it my HG brow product. I don't plan to switch to powder, pencil or wax brow products anytime in the future. 

6. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed ($26, sephora.com)--This versatile nude pink blush shade pairs well with almost any eye look or lip color, and worn on its own, it's understated, chic and sexy. I love it, and I highly recommend it if you're more cool-toned like me, and you're sick and tired of warm, peachy-pink NARS Deep Throat, Orgasm-type blushes.

7. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Fiend ($22, urbandecay.com)--One of my two favorite lipstick formulas of the year is the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick line, which is wonderfully long-lasting, hydrating and pigmented. I particularly love wearing this muted rose shade as an alternative to my usual nude pink lip color. It leaves a nice stain as well.

8. Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen ($12, target.com)--These eyeliners glide easily on the eyelids and have great staying power. I prefer the performance of these liners over many of the high-end, more expensive and overly-hyped liners on the market. The shade that lasts the longest on my oily skin is Cafe Gold, a medium brown shade with gold flecks.

9. Shiseido Sheer and Perfect Foundation ($35, shiseido.com)--For a nice, natural finish, I use this foundation. Even though it says it's sheer, it provides decent coverage and blends well into my skin.

10. Beauty Sponges--The most flawless finish I've ever gotten with foundation happened when I applied foundation with beauty sponges. I adore how beauty sponges can help hide pores and make even the heaviest foundation formulas look good. I rarely use brushes now to apply my base.

11. Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in 506 ($32, giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com)--My other favorite lipstick formula of the year. This lip gel line stays put, feels comfortable and light, and keeps my lips from drying out throughout the day. This nude pink shade is one of my favorite lip colors!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER