FOTD: Holiday Vampire Status

Monday, December 9, 2013


So here's a tidbit many people don't know about me: When it comes to holiday parties, I think I have more fun getting ready for them than actually being there, haha.

What can I say? I'm an introvert.

Anyway, there's something about the whole ritual of getting myself dolled up that is so calming and fulfilling. I like to take my time grooming, moisturizing, prepping my skin and blending colors. Add to that, a relaxing playlist, and I'm in heaven. 

Since I know many of you will be hitting a ton of holiday parties in the upcoming weeks, I came up with a festive red and gold beauty look that you can wear at your big holiday soiree--or at the mall, like me. 

Read on to find out how I put my look together!  



Base
  • To prep my skin, I applied Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion all over my face. 
  • Then I put on Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in 832 Nude Beige (too light on me, hence the Vampire Status, haha) with a damp beauty sponge. 
  • Afterward, I applied Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer to hide any skin imperfections. 
Eyes
  • I prepped my eye lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Then I used Too Faced Buttered Rum eyeshadow, a pale, golden brown shadow from the Be Merry and Bright palette, all over the lid and blended up to the brow bone. I also smudged it on my lower lash line.
  • Next, I applied Too Faced Brown Sugar eyeshadow, a chocolate brown also from the Be Merry and Bright palette, on the outer third of the eyelid and blended inward with a fluffy brush.
  • I lined my top lash line using Estee Lauder Black Sands liner from the Pure Color Liquid Eyeliner Duo in Bronze Goddess.
  • To finish off my eye makeup, I applied a coat of Pixi Large Lash Mascara and curled my lashes. 
Cheeks
  • I contoured my cheek bones with Josie Maran Brightening Bronzer Sun Spot Corrector. Then I blended the contour with a clean kabuki brush. With the remaining bronzer on the brush I used for contouring, I lightly dusted my forehead, nose and chin.
  • Above the contour, I blended Too Faced You Hold the Key blush, a warm, rosy-bronze blush from the In Your Dreams palette.
Lips
  • I applied Buxom Full-Bodied Lipstick in Menace, a rich, wine red, and patted Urban Decay Half Baked eyeshadow, a well-pigmented gold shadow from the Naked palette, on the center of my top and bottom lips. 

And voila!

Do any of you like to take your sweet time getting ready (even though it often annoys people around you)?
Happy Shopping/Gift-Wrapping/Holidays!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER