Coming Up Roses: My First-Ever Anna Sui Beauty Haul

Friday, December 6, 2013


For many, many months I've been salivating over images of the Anna Sui cosmetics line on the Internet. The packaging and romantic rose scent of the makeup seemed so original and fun, but it wasn't enough for me to place any orders.

That's because when it comes to luxury beauty shopping, researching product performance is a must. If I'm going to spend $30 on a lipstick, I want to make sure I'm getting something excellent. I try to test the product in person at a beauty counter or store or I try to read as many reviews as possible on the Internet. Unfortunately, some brands are only in select stores, or they aren't reviewed as much as others on the net.

This weekend, I was, again, contemplating purchasing a few Anna Sui products. The reviews didn't make me feel too sure about what I was buying, but instead of forcing myself to close my browser and save the decision for another time, I finally realized something I should've realized all along--I could see the products for myself at the Anna Sui boutique in SoHo a short trip away.

D'oh.

Since it was a huge shopping weekend because of extended Black Friday Sales, and there was a possibility of getting some discounts here and there, I headed to the boutique right away. Here are the cosmetics I left with. I can't wait to review them for you ladies :)


Mini Rouge in 305 (a fuchsia pink), $10 special promotion price

 
Rose Cheek Color in 400 (a mix of pinks), $36

 
Cracked Nail Color in 002 (black), $10 special promotion price
 
Lipstick in 400 (a cool-toned red), $30
 

Lipstick in 303 (a mauve pink), $30

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER