REVIEW: Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in 110 Role Play

Monday, November 25, 2013


A few weeks ago, Sephora had it's annual Friends and Family 20% off sale. I stocked up on some of my favorite beauty products, but also decided to try out one new thing as well. The item I chose was the Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in 110 "Role Play" ($30 at Sephora), which I will be reviewing in this post. Find out whether I love or loathe this new lipstick after the jump!

Description 

The Lovemarc line is composed of gel lipsticks that pack a lot of pigment and have a shiny finish.


Packaging

Lovemarc Lip Gels are encased in sturdy plastic packaging. A magnetic closure keeps the lipstick cap snapped shut and secure on the lipstick body. 

 
Color and Pigmentation


"Role Play" is described as a dusty rose. On my neutral to cool complexion, it appears as a beige pink. Since the color doesn't have a lot of red in it, I wouldn't call it a rose. As expected from gel lipsticks, "Role Play" is very pigmented, and is opaque in just one swipe.


Formula  and Wear Time

"Role Play" had a nice, shiny finish, and due to its creamy consistency, it glided over my lips easily. The formula feels lightly hydrating. 

I tested this lipstick a few times, and all those times, the lipstick lasted about 3 hours on me before showing signs of fading. This was surprising since I'm used to gel lipsticks (especially darker ones) lasting 4+ hours on me. However, on the plus side, the lipstick faded nicely, and it didn't settle into the lines on my lips or leave my lips looking or feeling dry.

Grade

B+

Like the other Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel I own in "Understudy," the formula, consistency and pigmentation win "Role Play" high points. My only qualm is that I wish it lasted just a bit longer, since it is $30. Aside from that, I'm ready to try out more Lovemarc lip gels in other shades if another discount comes along ;)

Have any of you tried Lovemarc Lip Gels? How was your experience?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER