REVIEW: Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani in 602

Friday, November 29, 2013


After having absolutely LOVED my first Giorgio D'Armani Rouge D'Armani Lipstick in 506, I decided it was time to add another to my collection. Instead of going for another nude pink in a slightly different tone and being completely PREDICTABLE, I decided to go deeper and get this pinkish-plum shade. Read on for my full review, swatches and pics.

Description

From the Giorgio Armani website:
"Exceptional long-wear formula results in up to 8 hours of intense color. Experience comfort and shine, without fading and feathering. Soft texture leaves lips feeling continuously hydrated. Lipstick packaged in an elegant black lacquered case with an exclusive magnetic closure. Sealed with a click."

Packaging


"602" is housed in a sturdy plastic, slightly hourglass-shaped case that uses magnetic enclosures to seal the lipstick. The packaging is very simple in glossy black and features a small Giorgio Armani logo at the center.


Color and Pigmentation

The Rouge D'Armanis are numbered according to color family. The 600s are considered plums. "602" is a deep pinkish-plum. It is nicely pigmented.



Formula and Wearability

The formula of "602" is on the thinner side, which I appreciate since I don't like to feel like I'm wearing lipstick. Plus, overly creamy lipsticks tend to slip right off my lips. This lipstick glides onto my lips like a highly-pigmented gel. And even though the formula was thin, it was lightly moisturizing.

"602" did a great job of staying on throughout the day. I can imagine it lasting the entire day if I was more careful about eating and drinking. After 4 hours of wearing this lipstick, my lipstick application still looked fresh except for some slight fading in the center of my lips, caused by eating some snacks.As the top layer of the lipstick began to fade later in the day, it left a nice, even stain.

Grade


A+

I really think I am in love with Rouge D'Armani lipsticks! Yes, they're $32, but if you consider how pigmented, long-lasting and non-drying they are, the price is totally worth it! Still think that's too much? Fortunately, there's a Friends and Family Sale going on now and ending in December, which will knock off 20% from your $75 purchase! Excuse me while I do some shopping. . . I mean, browsing.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER