My Latest Sephora 500 Beauty Insider Points Gift: The Best of Stila Collection!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013


When I first started experimenting with makeup, Stila was one of the brands that interested me the most. It was in almost every teen magazine I read, it had simple, cute packaging, and it was sold at Sephora, which to me back then meant that it HAD to be decent stuff. My faves at the time: their Color Push-Up in Rose Flash (entire product, discontinued) and their Lip Glaze in Sugar Plum (shade, discontinued).

Throughout the years, I started trying out other brands, not just at Sephora, but at other places as well. I've mostly taken a break from my Stila interest these past few years (Maybe my heart was still in mourning because of those discontinued products?). But when I spotted the Best of Stila collection at my local Sephora a few weeks ago, I traded in my 500 Beauty Insider Points immediately! It was time.

Here's what I got:

Lip Glaze in Apricot (0.05 oz)


Apricot is their best selling shade of lip glaze. From my experience, Lip Glazes feel really nice and non-sticky on the lips. They have pretty good staying power, too.

 Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso, (0.03 oz)

I tested this one out, and it's a classic blue-based red with a matte finish. I think this lip color would photograph amazingly well! 
   

Convertible Color in Peony, (0.07 oz)

Their convertible colors, for lips and cheeks, seemed to be a replacement of their discontinued Color Push-Ups a few years ago. Peony is a lovely shade for the cheeks, not so much the lips (not pigmented enough). I still think I prefer the Color Push-Ups.


Eye Shadow in Kitten, (0.035 oz)

Kitten is one of their best-selling eye shadows. It's a nice, shimmery beige champagne with excellent pigmentation. 


Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish, (full-sized at 0.01oz, worth $20!)

I'm so glad they included a brown liner instead of a black liner, since brown liner just suits my coloring better. The liner glides on pretty well, but I have to check for some smudging on my lower lash line after 8 hours (oily skin issues!). 


Have any of you gotten the Sephora 500-Point Perk? What set did you get?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER