FOTD: Cozy Autumn Hues

Wednesday, September 4, 2013


Autumn is soon arriving, and while many of my fellow citygoers are still mourning the passing of summer--"Ah, where did the summer go?" weep weep--I get excited at the mere thought of wearing a light jacket, knee high boots over tights, and carrying a ridiculously oversized bag on the subway. Because fashion. 

I also love the fact that I can pile on the deeper makeup shades that I've been hiding away in storage these past few months. They need loving, too! Summer has been all about less-is-more: barely there makeup, barely there clothes, barely there accessories, barely there everything--even deodorant, and that's not a good thing! So I love that this upcoming season will allow me to get away with a little extra when I want. 

My face of the day is inspired by berry and brown shades that I tend to associate with the fall. I created a neutral smoky eye look which can pair easily with a different lip color and blush combo. I also opted for lipstick with a glossy finish as opposed to a matte lipstick for a more modern, youthful effect. Here's what I used:

Face: Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Medium Beige applied with the Cynthia Rowley Detailing Blending Sponge, Make Up For Ever Concealer

Eyes: Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow in Ash on my eyebrows, Lorac Behind the Scenes Primer, Garnet eyeshadow from the Lorac Pro Palette on the lid, NARS Nepal eyeshadow from the crease to below the brow bone, Sable eyeshadow from the Lorac Pro Palette on the crease, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck on the lower lashline, Pixi Large Lash mascara, Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black Cocoa on the lashline

Cheeks: MAC Blush in Pink Swoon

Lips: Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Sweet Maple


Note that even though I used deeper colors, I made sure to diffuse the colors with a clean brush so nothing looks too harsh.

What are some of your favorite autumn makeup shades? 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER