REVIEW: Marc Jacobs Beauty Love Marc Lip Gel in 114 Understudy

Sunday, August 25, 2013


While I was in college, I used to salivate over Marc Jacobs bags, specifically the seemingly more attainable, lesser-priced Marc by Marc Jacobs bags. His minimalist aesthetic when it came to designing purses really appealed to me, and I remember spending far too many hours browsing his purses online while I was supposed to be studying (sorry, mom!) and fantasizing about how one day I could actually pull the money together to buy one of his bags! Although I am a year out of college and I still don't own one of his bags, partly because of my crazy spending habits haha. . . sob. . , I still really love Marc Jacobs. So when I found out about his new luxury beauty line at Sephora, I was very excited.

The Marc Jacobs Beauty line covers all the beauty category basics, including lipsticks and glosses, liners, mascaras, eye shadows, foundations, nail lacquers, blushes and even brushes. As you can expect from a luxury beauty line, the prices are high, starting at $18 for a nail polish, and ending at $78 for a brush. Expensive, but not totally surprising.

A few weeks ago, I purchased Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Lip Gel in 114 Understudy ($30) at my local Sephora as an introduction to the brand. This is my first Marc Jacobs-related product ever :) Read on for more pics and my complete review.


Description

From the Marc Jacobs website:
"Irresistible feel. Kissable color. Habit-forming.Fall in love with gellified lipstick. Silky and creamy, full of color-saturated, pure pigments, this long-wear lipstick has a texture so irresistible, it tempts you to touch. With a sleek shine finish, the multitasking lip gel hydrates and moisturizes delicate lips. Subtly scented with vanilla, Lovemarc will be your new object of desire."
Packaging

Lovemarc Lip Gels have sturdy plastic packaging that makes use of a magnetic enclosure to keep the lipstick secure inside.


Color

Understudy is described as a terracotta pink. When swatched, it appears as deep brownish-pink. Against my neutral to cool skin tone, it appears more red. It had good pigmentation, being almost fully opaque in one swipe.

Formula

The formula is creamy with a medium consistency. It's not too thick or too slippery. The finish has just a bit of shine.


Application

Understudy deposited even color, and glided onto my lips effortlessly.

Wear Time

I wore this for 6 hours straight and this lipstick barely budged.Without eating or drinking, this lipstick could easily make it through the end of the day with minimal fading.

Grade

A

Understudy impressed me because of the wear time and comfortable-to-wear formula--although I'm still not sure if I like the color against my skin tone. If you're looking for a long-wear luxury lipstick, the Lovemarc line may be worth checking out!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER