REVIEW: Inglot Lipstick in 417

Tuesday, August 13, 2013


A few months ago, I stopped by the Inglot store in the mall "just to browse." I had been inside that particular store a few times, but I must have gotten paid recently that day, because I impulsively purchased two lipsticks from there before I left.

Inglot is known for its Freedom System, which allows you to create your own cheek, lip, or eyeshadow palettes. The prices are mid-range (slightly more expensive than drugstores but generally less than MAC prices), which is quite nice. Years ago, I would have jumped at the opportunity to create my own palette (I <3 customization), but this summer, I haven't veered too far away from my neutral eye makeup looks, and I'm pretty contented with my blush collection at the moment. Instead, I've been sticking to shopping for lipsticks.

For this review, I will be discussing Inglot Lipstick in 417 ($12 at Inglot stores or at beautylish.com),a matte shade. Read on for my thoughts on this purchase!

Description

The Inglot website describes the lipstick as having a "matte moisturising formula with Vitamin E, avocado oil, macadamia oil."



Packaging

The lipstick is packaged very simply in a a glossy metallic container with the Inglot name written on one side of the cap.


Pigmentation and Formula

417 is a neutral beige pink that is opaque in one swipe, and has a grape drink scent. The formula contains Vitamin e and macadamia and avocado oils to add moisture. However, I still found this lipstick to feel quite drying on the lips. Applying it was difficult since the dry formula requires you to tug at your lips a bit and firmly drag the lipstick across your lips. It doesn't glide very easily, but the color applied evenly. The formula tends to noticeably sink into the lines of the lips. If you have flaky lips, definitely exfoliate first!


Wearability
This lipstick stayed put for most of the day. Even through eating and drinking some greasy foods (sorry diet!), this lipstick barely budged. I wore this for about six hours before having to reapply because of fading.With this lipstick, I also ended up getting that weird, unattractive white stuff near the corners of my mouth where my top and bottom lip meet.

Grade

C+

This lipstick gets high marks for pigmentation and wear-time, but the very dry formula makes it difficult to work with, and that might turn off many people. Despite the ingredients, the lipstick doesn't feel too moisturizing.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER