REVIEW: Tom Ford Lip Color in Pink Dusk

Friday, July 5, 2013


On Wednesday evening the planets aligned, and I was able to hang out with my close friend Makeupwithtea after work. Feeling spontaneous, I suggested we go to a high-end department store to look at fancy makeup. I am super comfortable at Sephora and Macy's, but going inside the high-end places gets me nervous because, let's face it, I kinda expect them to see through my fast-fashion outfits and be complete snobs to me. Wrong! When we headed into Bergdorf Goodman on a very rainy day, we went straight into the beauty basement, had mostly attentive customer service, and ended up both leaving with new lipsticks :) 

For this review, I will be discussing Tom Ford Lip Color in Pink Dusk ($48, Bergdorf Goodman), which I had been researching like crazy all over the blogosphere! Read on for swatches and more pics.

Description

From the Bergdorf Goodman website:
". . . Rare and exotic ingredients including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomile flower oil create an ultra creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated color pigments are blended to deliver pure color with just the right balance of luminosity." 
Packaging

The Tom Ford Lip Colors are housed in rectangular metal containers. The design feels very luxurious, and the packaging is heavier compared to the typical lipstick.The top of the cap, which has the Tom Ford logo, can act as a mirror.



Pigmentation and Formula 

Pink Dusk is a subtle nude pink with just a hint of brown and has a semi-matte finish. The lipstick glides very easily over my lips. When swatched, it had good pigmentation. When worn on  my lightly-pigmented lips, and against my NW23 coloring, the lip color definitely looked lighter and luminous. The pigmentation and subtle color make it a great match for many different skin tones. The consistency was just a bit slippery, but the lipstick still managed to stay put on my lips when I wasn't eating or drinking. On the lips it felt moisturizing.


Wearability

This lipstick lasted about five hours (without me eating or drinking) before showing signs of fading.When the lipstick started to dry down, my lips felt very soft.


Grade

A

I had high hopes for this lipstick because HELLO $48 for a lipstick?, and I was not disappointed. I love how natural-looking the color is, and I already see this shade working with a lot of my makeup looks. Best of all, this lip color actually stays put longer than other lipsticks in my collection. I definitely recommend if you're interested in a high-end lipstick :)

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh.... so pretty !!! I'm trying the one out that you've given me and it's been so luxurious so far... I never knew how much I liked the packaging till actually holding one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, who would've thought the packaging would make such a difference!! :)

      Delete
  2. What a stunning natural pink. The color looks so beautiful on you.

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous color. I've been dying to get a Tom Ford lipstick! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley,

      Thanks for your comment! I highly recommend his lipsticks if you want something luxurious with great wear-time. Also, I am now following you on GFC and Bloglovin :)

      --Mari

      Delete
  4. ooo I am really excited to have found your blog with this review I have been thinking about getting a tom ford lippy for a while now but wasn't sure but you have confirmed it for me now i will be going and getting one of these soon. I love this colour it looks great on you.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Maybe stop by our blog if you get chance : )

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, love your blog!

    <3

    Do you want to follow each other?


    www.POLINEFASHION.pl

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER