REVIEW: Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani Lasting Stain Lip Color in Pink 506

Thursday, July 25, 2013


My obsession with nude pink lipsticks has got to stop. Until I can figure out exactly how to control that obsession, I will be testing out every nude pink lipstick on the market in varying shades and finishes (and rocking some seriously sensual-looking lips).

On a whim, I headed into Nordstrom Friday to check out their beauty department. Inside the mall, I rushed over to the Burberry Beauty section and swatched a ton of nude pinks till I finally decided on one I liked. Then the unfortunate happened, and I found out that my desired lip color was out of stock. Crap.

Feeling disappointed, I walked out of the beauty department, but at a slow enough pace that I could still browse other beauty products on my way out. I gracefully headed over to the Giorgio Armani counter and swatched some lipsticks, because clearly, the cash I had was burning a hole in my wallet.

For this review, I will be discussing the Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani Lasting Stain Lip Color in Pink 506 ($32 at Nordstrom). Click for swatches and more pics!

Description

From the Giorgio Armani Beauty USA website:
"Exceptional long-wear formula results in up to 8 hours of intense color. Experience comfort and shine, without fading and feathering. Soft texture leaves lips feeling continuously hydrated. Lipstick packaged in an elegant black lacquered case with an exclusive magnetic closure. Sealed with a click."
Packaging

The lipstick is packaged in a black plastic container. The packaging makes use of a magnetic enclosure to keep the lipstick bullet secure.



Pigmentation and Formula

Pink 506 is a subtle rosy nude that would work with many skin tones. At first swatch, Pink 506 looked like a deep warm salmon pink color, but the color is very buildable. There is some gold micro shimmer, but it is not noticeable unless you look very closely. When I apply this lipstick, my lips feel soft. However, the shiny layer eventually dries to a nice matte stain, thus becoming less moisturizing. I didn't find this lipstick incredibly hydrating nor drying since the formula is very lightweight.

Wearability

Throughout the day, I didn't feel like I was wearing lipstick, which is a great plus. The wear time is impressive. I was able to wear this for six hours through eating and drinking before needing a touch-up. I imagine this lipstick would easily make it to the eight-hour mark in terms of wear if I wasn't eating or drinking anything. Another impressive plus, no weird white stuff on the sides of my lips from wearing this lipstick!



Grade

A+

If you are looking for a very lightweight, low-maintenance lipstick that packs opaque color, this lipstick would be a GREAT option. Also, as a neutral shade, I see women of many different skin tones being able to pull off this shade!

1 comment:

  1. That color is so pretty. It reminds me of Nars' Dolce Vita!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER