REVIEW: Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Nude Beach

Thursday, June 27, 2013


When it comes to lipstick shopping, hydration is not at the top of my list. I usually will go for a lipstick in a color that flatters me first before I consider the wear time, formula, and hydration of the product. For me, hydrating has been synonymous with the following: stickiness, a slippery formula, and ridiculously short wear time. But on a recent trip to Sephora, I decided to give hydrating lip color another chance and picked up Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Nude Beach ($21, Sephora). Although this lip color is more nude than I usually go for, I was hoping the color, once applied on my lips, would appear darker or lighter than the bullet. Read on for my review and swatches!

Description


The Too Faced website describes it as a "rich, cream color," containing "luscious, hydrating moisturizers including white lotus flower and power peptides."
Packaging

Nude Beach is housed in a slim gold metal container. It contains .11 fl oz of product.


Pigmentation and Formula

Nude Beach is described as a nude peach. In the tube and when swatched, it looks pinker, but on my lightly pigmented lips, the color is a pale neutral beige with just a hint of pink. I see this as being more suitable for cool skin tones. In addition, it had good pigmentation, looking almost opaque in one swipe. The formula of this lipstick is very hydrating, and it glides on the lips like a dream. It has a mild lemon scent.


Wear Time

The lipstick lasted about four hours before some fading. What I loved about this lipstick is how soft it made my lips feel afterward. There was no awkward dry down in between touch ups. When the lip color started fading, the my lips felt softer, and there was no unattractive residue left on my lips. 

Grade

A+

Great pigmentation, a very comfortable, hydrating formula and good wear time make this a worthy purchase for those with particularly dry lips. Even though I don't think the color suits me that well, on the right skin tone, (perhaps on a darker, cool-toned complexion) this nude would look amazing! 

1 comment:

  1. Omg ... you seriously make me wanna get another lipstick now. I'm always on the hunt for getting new lippies. -.-

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER