REVIEW: Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow in 25 Ash

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


As much as I adore my E.L.F. Studio Brow Kit, I'm open to temporarily substituting it with a new, summer-friendly eyebrow product. The Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow ($20 at Sephora) claims to be waterproof, which is a big deal for me since I don't want my eyebrows to disappear by the end of a hot day! Me with no eyebrows is a sight to see! With great reviews to back it up, I happily purchased the Aqua Brow. Read on for pics, swatches and my full review.

Description


From the Sephora website: 
"A long-lasting, smudge-proof eyebrow correctors that fills, defines and lengthens brows."
Packaging

The product comes in a plastic tube. It contains .23oz of product. Simply squeeze the tube to release product from the tiny nozzle. I like the packaging since it's more sanitary and allows you to control how much product you dispense.


Pigmentation and Formula

For an eyebrow product, Aqua Brow has good pigmentation. It has a matte finish, and sets quickly, so I suggest dispensing a little product on the back of the hand first, then adding more later. The shade I purchased is 25 Ash, which is perfect for those with dark brown or black hair.

A dot is all you'll need!

Ease of Use

I found this product to be very easy to use, and it gave me a nice, natural brow look. Since I always use a slanted eyeliner brush to fill in my brows, I was comfortable using this product. To apply the Aqua Brow, I dispensed a small dot on the back of my hand. Then I dipped a slanted angle brush into the product. Starting from the middle of my brows, I drew some short strokes to fill in and define my brows. Then I moved toward the end of my brows and added more color. Lastly, I used whatever was left of the product on my brush to fill in my inner brows. As you can see, the color can be layered for more intensity.

Me with bare brows.

Me with brows filled in using Aqua Brow
Wear Time

I wore the Aqua Brow on my brows on a 90 degree day, and the product still looked great after more than 8 hours. It hadn't budged or faded at all! However, I don't find this product to be smudge-proof at the end of the day. If your face sweats a lot and you take a tissue to your brows, the product will rub off, so be careful!

Grade

A

Overall, I was really impressed  by the wear time and natural finish of the brow. I also think it's easy to use, and definitely worth the price if you have very oily skin. I did take off a few points, however, because I don't think it is smudge-proof if your face sweats a lot at the end of the day. Aside from that, if you leave your brows alone after applying this product, you should be fine.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:)FOLLOW YOU NOW! Please check mines If you want we can follow also with facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for following! I am now following your blog as well :)

      Delete
  2. I love this product as well, and find it so easy to use, it's definitely worth the price :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am in love with Aqua Brow! I'm surprised it took me so long to jump on the bandwagon and purchase this product, haha. But I'm glad I have it right in time for summer. I think the tube will last me forever :)

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER