REVIEW: Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Coy

Tuesday, June 25, 2013


I must admit, I had never tried a Laura Mercier lip color before a trip to the mall last Friday! It was kind of an impulse buy since I had forgotten my lipstick at home and wanted something to touch up my lip color during the day. I know it sounds like a REALLY ridiculous reason to buy lipstick, but I am very obsessed with lip color, and I like my lips to always have some tint. Without lip color, I have puffy ghost lips! Ahhh! Anyway, at the department store, I was distracted/enticed by the makeup counters, and wandered off to the Laura Mercier counter, where I ended up buying the Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Coy ($24). Since the lipstick line is very new, I couldn't find any reviews on it. So this purchase was definitely a risk! Read on to find out how it went for me!

Description

Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colours are described as "100% wax-free" and claim to deliver "pure, long-lasting breathable colour" and "long-lasting hydration." They are housed in slim, plastic reflective containers.


Pigmentation and Formula



The shade I purchased, Coy, is described as a pink nude. Against my neutral (though slightly tan) skin tone, it registers as a pale coral pink, which I think would suit many skin tones. It has a creme finish and is opaque in one swipe. The formula is lightweight, and it glided easily on my lips without causing any feathering throughout the day. At first application, the lipstick felt very hydrating. However, after the two hours, the shiny layer which made my lips feel soft had dried down, so the moisturizing factor went away as well. 

Wear Time

I get about three hours of wear with this before the color starts to fade or settle into the creases/lines on my lips.
 

Grade

B

Coy is a gorgeous shade that is very summer-appropriate, but is also very dupe-able. Staying power is so-so, and you will need to touch-up a few times a day. But if you're looking for a hydrating, comfortable-to-wear lipstick, and you don't mind reapplying, this lip color might be something to look into. 

2 comments:

  1. Mari,

    Great review & post!! I haven't tried any LM products but this looks fabulous on you & I am kind of tempted to impulsively buy this haha. It also looks like you are feeling better! ...and don't worry, I noticed I tend to also purchase items when I "forget" makeup products hehe

    ~carlykins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carlykins,

    Thanks for your comment! I love the color, but wish the shine lasted longer. And yes, I feel normal again, so glad about that! I also definitely feel like I have separation issues when it comes to lip products, haha.

    -Mari :)

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER