REVIEW: Cargo Water-Resistant Blush in Ibiza

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

 

As part of my Summer Beauty Haul, I purchased Cargo Water Resistant Blush in Ibiza ($26 at Macy's), a bubblegum pink shade. Since I didn't find many reviews of this color, I decided to take the risk and purchase it anyway. I was having one of my impulsive moments, and the extremely hot weather last weekend was not helping my judgment!

Read on for swatches and my full review.

Description

From the Macy's website:
"Inspired from their award-winning Water Resistant bronzer and packaged in a signature oversized silver tin, CARGO Water Resistant blushes offer a stunning array of wearable, pretty and professional quality shades for a variety of skin tones. Imparts an effortless summer glow that stays put rain or shine. The longwearing formula withstands perspiration so you don't have to fuss with reapplication. Microsized light-diffusers work to ensure a gorgeously natural, non-shiny glow. Silky smooth texture that layers well for added intensity as desired."
    Packaging 

    Like many Cargo products, this blush comes in a lightweight circular tin that you need to pull off in order to open.This type of packaging is not my favorite since I prefer something with a mirror and and an attached cap for when I am scrambling to do my makeup in the morning. However, I do love the minimalist design! 



    Pigmentation and Formula

    Ibiza is a lightly-pigmented but buildable cool bubblegum pink with a bit of silver microglitter. I was kind of turned off by the glitter when swatching this blush. However, when applied to my cheeks, the microglitter wasn't very noticeable. The texture of the blush in the pan was soft, and my fingers picked up pigment easily.


    Ease of Use

    The blush blended nicely into my skin, and was easy to apply evenly.

    Wear 

    This blush lasted the entire day on my oily skin.When tested for water-resistance, the blush held up well, and I could still see some of the color on my cheeks. As you can see in the pic below, I like a natural finish to my cheeks, so I always make sure to blend my blush well.
    I am wearing black liner for once, but I still think brown suits me better. 
    Grade 

    A+

    The really pretty pink color and blendable, long-lasting formula make Ibiza stand out as one of my favorite new blushes! It'll be great to wear on super hot days at the beach when you want some extra color on your face. 

    4 comments:

    1. Hey !
      I like your posts and blog ! This is my first visit here but definitely not the last :) Check out my blog if you have a free minute :)Would you like to follow each other?Just let me know please,so that I can follow back.Keep on postingxx
      Wish you a nice week!
      VIEWRAMA

      my
      fashion blog

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Viewrama,

        Thanks :) I love the pics on your blog, and the great outfits too! I am following you now on Google Friend Connect. Hope you can follow back! Have a great week as well.

        --Mari

        Delete
    2. Just nominated you for the liebster award over on my blog, hope you check it out! Comment if you read it, and hopefully you'll be doing the post on your blog soon!
      Penny Rose
      http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Penny Rose,

        Thanks for nominating me :) I will let you know when I get down to doing the tag :)

        --Mari

        Delete

    DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER