REVIEW: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in 04 Ample Amber

Tuesday, May 7, 2013


At the Clinique counter, during one of those various trips to the mall where one of my relatives wants me to purchase them something that will get them the free gift, I ended up buying the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in 04 Ample Amber ($16, Macy's)

Ample Amber wasn't my first pick, but all the other shades I wanted first--lovely green moss, taupe and golden pink--were all sold out. I mostly purchased it because my mom wanted the free gift and she was maybe less than a dollar short of meeting the $25 purchase requirement.

Below are my thoughts:

Description

The Clinique website describes it as a "sheer wash of  lightweight, creamy colour."



Packaging

The chubby stick comes in a retractable pencil form with a sturdy cap that pops off and on with a snap, meaning it's pretty safe inside your purse. I like that this cream shadow comes in a pencil form since it's a bit more hygienic than sticking your finger in a pot of cream eye shadow. 


Pigmentation

Ample Amber is a shimmery copper. The pigmentation for this product was nice and even. The color sets pretty fast, so blend quickly. When blended out, mostly the glitter blends out.




Wearability

Since the color is quite light, I see the color working in a lot of natural, daytime looks for medium to fairer skin tones. Also, I feel like people with green or blue eyes would look especially amazing wearing this shade.

I tested the shade for nine hours with primer on one eye and without primer on the other. At the end of the nine hours, both sides looked similar, but there was some creasing on the side without primer. I definitely recommend wearing this with a primer and shadow on top, especially if you have oily skin like me! 

Grade

B+ 

This is a nice product  I took some points off because of creasing, but aside from that, I think these Chubby Sticks are very easy to use and blend!

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER