REVIEW: Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in 114 Precieuse

Monday, May 20, 2013


After my good experience with Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in 89 Gracile, I decided to try my luck at purchasing another lipstick from the same line. While lingering at the counter, I couldn't help but skip over all the reds and pinks and rest my gaze on Precieuse, a luminous beige shade. I was very intrigued by the color, but felt that it might be too light for my lips. [Finding a way to hide my lightly pigmented lips has been a goal of mine ever since I started getting into makeup.] Fortunately, the sales lady assured me it was light enough for my coloring. Below is my review:

Description

From the Chanel website: 
"The next generation of ROUGE ALLURE dresses up lips with unmistakable attitude. A new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments offer radically intense colour with full coverage and a satin finish. Leaves lips supple and protected with lasting comfort." 
Packaging

Precieuse comes in standard Chanel Rouge Allure packaging, which features sturdy packaging with a luxe feel. The lipstick stands with the lipstick pointing downward. Simply press the gold Chanel logo on the top to access the lipstick.



Pigmentation

Precieuse swatches as a sheer icy beige. However, it can be layered to achieve a deeper, slightly more opaque shade. On dark lips, this lip color may not show up very well. 



Wearability/Formula


On my lightly-pigmented lips, Precieuse looks like a luminous beige that adds just enough color to prevent me from looking washed-out. I thought the formula was comfortable to wear but was not particularly moisturizing. Since the lip color was also sheer, it barely hid any lip imperfections I had. The lip color lasted me less than four hours before it started fading.

Grade

C+

The wear time of this lip color and the creasing is really disappointing, but what saves it for me is the amazing color. It's one of those rare beige colors that actually flatters my skin tone. However, for others out there with different skin tones, this will probably be a hit or miss shade. Those with darker lips or very dry lips probably won't get the most out of this lip color. 

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER