REVIEW: Boots No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Soft Damson

Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Another addition to my modest blush collection is the Boots No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Soft Damson ($9), which I picked up at Target a few weeks ago. Wearing medium pink blush is usually hit or miss for me. The right kind of pink looks pink on my cheeks. The "eh" kind makes my cheeks look red, which isn't terrible, but can definitely be confusing. Read on for how my latest blush experience turned out!

Description

From the Boots website:
"No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder contains a unique blend of micro fine powders for a soft, smooth application. Sweep onto cheeks for an even, buildable application."
Packaging

The blush is stored in a plastic oval container, with part of the lid see-through to reveal the pan color. The "window" part of the blush is a little flimsy if you put too much pressure on it. 




Pigmentation and Formula



Soft Damson is a cool, lightly pigmented but buildable medium pink.On my neutral to cool skin tone, the blush looked more red than pink. When swatched, the blush was kind of dry, but I didn't have this problem when using a brush to apply product. In addition, the blush was easy to blend and apply evenly.

Wear

This blush stayed put for eight hours on a cool day. However, on a recent very hot day in the city--I'm talking over 80 degrees--this blush made it to 8 hours but by the 12th hour, it had faded considerably. 

 

Grade

B+

Wear time, buildable color and a natural finish make this a great contender for your next blush purchase. Plus, who can resist the affordable price point?

10 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with pink blushes! So I just avoid them in general. But this looks great on you! Might have to look into this product now.
    Anyway, I read your about me and I followed you instantly. You are my kind of person. Haha.
    Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Ashley! Your comment made me smile! :)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty blush on you! Pretty good lasting too! :) Awesome post, new follower :) Just started my blog, check me out if you get a chance..Enjoy your day!!!
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Penny Rose! Will follow you back :)

      Delete
  3. Mari, I still find it weird that you look so much like one of my sisters haha. I'll have to email you a pic sometime. Wear time sounds good considering the price. I like how natural it looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should email me a pic, lol! I'll have to update my email on this blog, then I'll let you know :)

      Delete
  4. lovely! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky,

      Yes, of course! I'm following you now on Google Friend Connect :) I will also add you when I sign up for bloglovin.

      --Mari :)

      Delete
  5. I do love myself a good blusher :)

    I have a M.A.C giveaway on my blog at the minute. You should check it out :) www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becki,

      Sure, will do! Thanks for stopping by!

      --Mari :)

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER