REVIEW: Boots No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Honey

Tuesday, May 21, 2013


When it comes to blushes, it seems like pinks, peaches and everything in between get all the love (I'm talking about you, NARS Blush in Orgasm!). I, too, had been stuck in an uncreative blush rut until I tried out a blush from the Too Faced In Your Dreams palette, which contained a lovely blush called "You Hold the Key." In the pan, it looked plain--a blah rosy light brown shade. I didn't know much about blushes then, but I always thought any face powder with brown in it would make my face look dirty and unhealthy. One swipe of "You Hold the Key" later, and I was left completely mesmerized. Before I knew it, I was using "You Hold the Key" several times and week and eventually hitting pan on that blush! Ever since then, I've been in search of another beautiful nude blush. For this review, I'll be sharing my experiences with  Boots No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Honey ($9, Target) which is part of my first Boots No7 haul ever!

Description

From the Boots website:
"No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder contains a unique blend of micro fine powders for a soft, smooth application. Sweep onto cheeks for an even, buildable application."
Packaging

The blush is stored in a plastic oval container, with part of the lid see-through to reveal the pan color. The "window" part of the blush is a little flimsy if you put too much pressure on it.

 

Pigmentation

Honey is a lightly pigmented but buildable pale brownish-peach shade.

Left: a light swatch of Honey, center: a layered swatch of Honey, right: a layered swatch of Honey blended out
Wearability/Formula

 

Honey was very blendable and easy to work with. Even though the color was light, it was easy to layer the blush evenly for more intensity. Staying power for this blush was very good. I tested this blush for eight hours. As you can see from the picture above, I blended the blush to a very light color, so I expected whatever was left of the color to fade away quickly (especially considering the fact that I did some light exercise during the day). I was very impressed to find that the blush had stayed put without any fading! 

Grade 

 A

If you have a fair to medium skin tone, and you're looking for a natural-looking blush, this is a great pick. Blendability, buildable color and a long-wearing formula make it worthy of checking out during your next trip to Target.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER