REVIEW: Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Romantic

Thursday, May 23, 2013


As part of my search for a nude lipstick to compete with my current fave--NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Montego Bay--I picked up Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Romantic ($10, Target). As I mentioned in a previous post, I might have completely ignored this color had it not been for my friend, who told me that this was the type of color I always go for. [She also implied that I might not want to get this lip color for that very reason.] Looking at the lipstick tester, I wasn't sure if I should believe her, because the tester color looked way darker than the nude pinks I usually wear. Nevertheless, I ended up taking it home (spontaneously) and testing it out for the past three days! Read on for my review. 

Description

From the us.boots.com website:
"This wonderfully clever lipstick not only provides a wonderful splash of color, but it also keeps lips moisturized for up to 12 hours. Containing a vitamin-enriching formula, lips will feel softer, look more plump and will be wonderfully moisturized."
Packaging

The lipstick is housed in very sturdy packaging with the brand name engraved on the cap.The slightly flared shape makes it easier to grip. 




Pigmentation

Although the lipstick tube may suggest a darker color, Romantic is a subtle, rosy nude with a shiny finish. Pigmentation was semi-sheer but the color is buildable. I see this color suiting a lot of skin tones since it is very subtle and neutral. 




Wearability/Formula

The formula of this lip color is very moisturizing. It glides onto the lips very easily and has some slip. For example, I can feel this lipstick sometimes migrating over my cupid's bow. Romantic lasts about 4 hours on my lips without me eating and drinking before it starts to fade and dry away. My lips did feel softer after the four hours. As for plumpness, I didn't really notice a difference because my lips are very full anyway. 


Grade


Even though the brand claims to keep the lips moisturized for up to 12 hours, this lipstick will probably not last that long on the lips even if you don't eat or drink for the whole day. However, I liked how moisturizing the formula was, I liked the color, and the wear time was decent. As for my search for the next nude lipstick, I think I'm off to a great start, but NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Montego Bay still maintains an important place in my lipstick-loving heart!

2 comments:

  1. Omg, I've been waiting for this post! I really really really love that lip color on you. And it does look pretty moisturizing. Hmm... I might have to make a purchase now....... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I think you would like the formula a lot :) I also think the color would look amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER